By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - White Knight Chronicle (Level 5) set for 2008 Fiscal Year!!!

AWRIGHT!!!! Now only a NA / EU release!!! If this will be a global release by the end of the year then I'm going to have one heck of a Christmas time... Can't wait *oh goody*

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Around the Network
Riachu said:
darthdevidem01 said:
makingmusic476 said:
I fully expect the game to hit Japan around the holidays. For the rest of us? We'll be waiting at least six months, unless Sony has suddenly convinced Level 5 to change their traditional localization practices. I'm sure we'll see a great deal of info on the game at TGS, and maybe E3.

But this is good. Eternal Sonata and WKC should help the ps3 out in Japan near the end of the year.

Hopefully.

As DQ 9 is being released simulteneously....thats why I think maybe this one too

WKC could see a Global release.  Rogue Galaxy and Dragon Quest VIII took a year to get localized because the developers wanted to improve the games from their original releases

There has been a localization delay for all of Level 5's projects, including Dark Cloud 1/2, Rogue Galaxy, Dragon Quest VIII, and even Professor Layton.  The shortest localization process (for the US, anyway) was Dark Cloud 2, which took only three months to make it stateside.  Rogue Galaxy, Dragon Quest VIII, and Layton, however, all took a year to make it to the US.

Given that this is Sony's first big JRPG for the console, I'm sure they'll rush the localization process and advertise the game heavily, much like they did with the original Dark Cloud, but I'm not too optimistic about it hitting the US this year.

I'd love for it to release this year, but I'm not getting my hopes up. :(

Well, they should release WKS before FFXIII, if they want to make some profit.
It will be hard for any jrpg to sell after FFXIII release. =))

Anyway, on E3`08 or TGS08 there definitely will be some dates announced. =]

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

The Japanese release could be sooner than we think, wouldn't be surprised if it came in oct.

As for NA/EU release, Makingmusic is right, It will probably be late winter/ early spring before release.

Check us out at the Vindication Gamer Network on Youtube. 

makingmusic476 said:
Riachu said:
darthdevidem01 said:
makingmusic476 said:
I fully expect the game to hit Japan around the holidays. For the rest of us? We'll be waiting at least six months, unless Sony has suddenly convinced Level 5 to change their traditional localization practices. I'm sure we'll see a great deal of info on the game at TGS, and maybe E3.

But this is good. Eternal Sonata and WKC should help the ps3 out in Japan near the end of the year.

Hopefully.

As DQ 9 is being released simulteneously....thats why I think maybe this one too

WKC could see a Global release. Rogue Galaxy and Dragon Quest VIII took a year to get localized because the developers wanted to improve the games from their original releases

There has been a localization delay for all of Level 5's projects, including Dark Cloud 1/2, Rogue Galaxy, Dragon Quest VIII, and even Professor Layton. The shortest localization process (for the US, anyway) was Dark Cloud 2, which took only three months to make it stateside. Rogue Galaxy, Dragon Quest VIII, and Layton, however, all took a year to make it to the US.

Given that this is Sony's first big JRPG for the console, I'm sure they'll rush the localization process and advertise the game heavily, much like they did with the original Dark Cloud, but I'm not too optimistic about it hitting the US this year.

I'd love for it to release this year, but I'm not getting my hopes up. :(

Just hope the VA and script are good.  For some reason, a lot of JRPGs seem to have bad VA and bad lipsyncing

Around the Network

Am I the only one that is kinda pissed? I thought this was coming out in 08 for NA and now it seems that it might slip into 09?? I've been waiting for soo long, damn localization.

Riachu said:
jacks81x said:

Definitely looking forward to WKC, but I wouldn't say this is the first big JRPG on the PS3. Disgaea 3 is a pretty big title as well IMO, and that's coming out in August.

Disgaea games only sell 250-300K WW LTD. It is not that big.

And what indication do we have that WKC will sell more than that?  JRPGs not named FF or DQ generally don't sell anywhere near 1 million copies WW.  Lots of JRPGs get hyped as big titles but don't have the sales numbers to back that up.  Xenosaga III (~280K), Eternal Sonata (~250K), Blue Dragon (~490K).  If your definition of a "big" RPG is solely based on sales, then as great a game as WKC may turn out to be, there's really no evidence to suggest that it's going to be a huge seller.  Other than DQ8 (which sold well because it's DQ and pubished by S-E), Level-5 developed RPGs have never had a history of being huge sellers.  Rogue Galaxy and the Dark Cloud games sold ok, but nothing spectacular.  Plus they were released on the PS2 which has a 100+ million user base.  So even if we project that the PS3 will have a 20 million user base by the end of the 2008 fiscal year, I wouldn't bet the farm that WKC is a sure bet to sell over 1 million copies WW.  I'm not trying to start a flame war or anything.  I'm just trying to be logical in defending my point.  Disgaea may not be FF or DQ in terms of popularity and sales, but it's still a very well-known RPG series that PS3 fans should not ignore as insignificant.

Of course, there's always this:

White Knight is a shoo-in for a stateside release in 2008, and we've spied one new feature that's bound to connect with Western audiences -- the ability to completely customize the appearance of your A.I. teammates.

That was posted on 1UP back in March. Do they know something we don't? I wouldn't trust 1up on a Japanese game like this, but I'm hopeful. Maybe it will hit the US this year after all.

Who knows about Europe, though.

Doesn't 1UP always seem to know something we don't?  But, that was back in March, been a while since then.

Check us out at the Vindication Gamer Network on Youtube. 

makingmusic476 said:

Hopefully.

You're absolutely right but how about they help PS3 in America by releasing both of them by the end of the year here as well?

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...