By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Stephan Bole of Nintendo claims Wii has sold 26 Million Units????

Euphoria14 said:
sc94597 said:
Neos said:
ugh, people still play that crapfest Oblivion?

Morrowind was better, but Oblivion is really good too imo, and with mods its better.

@ Euphoria14 You still have alot to do.  Yeah the world is big. I believe that the second game in the series  Daggerfall has the largest world in any game, but its just the same layout for each city. Yeah and it has like 10,000 towns. Lol I use to play it, but don't remember much, and can't find the disc. I might buy it again.

Edit: After looking at wikipedia there is 15,000s  towns, 750,000 npcs, and 161,600 sqkilometers. But the game is far less detailed than morrowind than oblivion.

I would like to see the next elder scrolls this big, and more detailed than oblivion. I'm pretty sure it could happen next gen.

I would love to see Bethesda take advantage of BluRay (I don't think this game could ever work on multiple discs) and make a game as detailed as Oblivion, although I am pretty sure they can do better and make it 3x larger or more.

Now that would just be insane.

Well by the time the next elder scrolls comes out blu-ray may be popular, the next set consoles/pcs will be out, and I could see there being TB large blu-ray discs. I just hope they fill the world more, because that is what I thought oblivion lacked.

Around the Network

Better is to wait the quarterly report, and at this moment we will see if Stephan Bole said something honest or not. It can be in three weeks or something like that.

sc94597 said:
Euphoria14 said:
sc94597 said:
Neos said:

Morrowind was better, but Oblivion is really good too imo, and with mods its better.

@ Euphoria14 You still have alot to do.  Yeah the world is big. I believe that the second game in the series  Daggerfall has the largest world in any game, but its just the same layout for each city. Yeah and it has like 10,000 towns. Lol I use to play it, but don't remember much, and can't find the disc. I might buy it again.

Edit: After looking at wikipedia there is 15,000s  towns, 750,000 npcs, and 161,600 sqkilometers. But the game is far less detailed than morrowind than oblivion.

I would like to see the next elder scrolls this big, and more detailed than oblivion. I'm pretty sure it could happen next gen.

I would love to see Bethesda take advantage of BluRay (I don't think this game could ever work on multiple discs) and make a game as detailed as Oblivion, although I am pretty sure they can do better and make it 3x larger or more.

Well by the time the next elder scrolls comes out blu-ray may be popular, the next set consoles/pcs will be out, and I could see there being TB large blu-ray discs. I just hope they fill the world more, because that is what I thought oblivion lacked.

What do you think they could add to fill it more? For me, maybe some more cities, but in terms of the scenery, it is just beautiful, specially during the day.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
sc94597 said:
Euphoria14 said:
sc94597 said:
Neos said:

What do you think they could add to fill it more? For me, maybe some more cities, but in terms of the scenery, it is just beautiful, specially during the day.

More enemies, and secret areas where you get great rewards. Alot more npcs, Then iw ould love to see alot of variation in the sizes of towns, villages, and cities. A little bit more of those. I like exploring alot in wrpgs like oblivion, and secret areas and such are so much fun to fine imo. I had the same problem with twilight princess to a even greater extent. The worlds are so big, but there isn't much in them. Also they have to get rid of the enemies leveling up with you. They should just have different areas that have certain amount of enemies of a particular level. this allows you to feel more like you are getting rewarded when leveling up. Anyway the game is fine just needs those too things and it would be excellent.

TheSource said:

He probably just mixed up some numbers. Wii was at 24.45 million shipped as of March 31, 2008, and sell through is 5-10% behind shipments at any point.

March 31 was before Wii Fit, Mario Kart, Smash (Europe) launched so its pretty unlikely Wii wasn't at ~26 million+ shipped by the end of April, then ~27.5-28.5 million shipped by the end of May, which will put it at ~29-31 million shipped by the end of June.

You know what I wouldn't discount as a possibility ...

If you take the Worldwide shipment numbers as of March 31st 2008 and added the European Shipment numbers you would get (roughly) 26 Million units sold; this could (quite possibly) be the result of some sort of mistake.

Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:
TheSource said:

He probably just mixed up some numbers. Wii was at 24.45 million shipped as of March 31, 2008, and sell through is 5-10% behind shipments at any point.

March 31 was before Wii Fit, Mario Kart, Smash (Europe) launched so its pretty unlikely Wii wasn't at ~26 million+ shipped by the end of April, then ~27.5-28.5 million shipped by the end of May, which will put it at ~29-31 million shipped by the end of June.

You know what I wouldn't discount as a possibility ...

If you take the Worldwide shipment numbers as of March 31st 2008 and added the European Shipment numbers you would get (roughly) 26 Million units sold; this could (quite possibly) be the result of some sort of mistake.

Yes, it's a possiblity, because now the boss of Nintendo Europe is french (Laurent Fisher), and it can explain also what he said:  "more than 26 million"

Am I the only one to see a big discrepancy here ?

"Sony, qui vend désormais sa console 399 euros contre 599 euros lors de son lancement fin 2006, a écoulé environ 13,7 millions de PS3, a indiqué Georges Fornay, président de Sony Computer Entertainment France.

Sur le seul territoire français, "nous avons dépassé Microsoft", avec 800.000 exemplaires vendues, contre 700.000 Xbox (et 1,8 million de Wii), a-t-il précisé."

VGC has Wii at 2,132,373  in France

is it even remotely possible Wii sold more than 300'000 units in France in the span of 2 days ?

Videogirl said:

Am I the only one to see a big discrepancy here ?

"Sony, qui vend désormais sa console 399 euros contre 599 euros lors de son lancement fin 2006, a écoulé environ 13,7 millions de PS3, a indiqué Georges Fornay, président de Sony Computer Entertainment France.

Sur le seul territoire français, "nous avons dépassé Microsoft", avec 800.000 exemplaires vendues, contre 700.000 Xbox (et 1,8 million de Wii), a-t-il précisé."

VGC has Wii at 2,132,373  in France

is it even remotely possible Wii sold more than 300'000 units in France in the span of 2 days ?

OK. You can be right. It's the same for Germany if you have seen the thread about that today. But, the most reasonnable is to wait quarterly shipment. If at this time, there is really a big problem for Europe, certainly ioi will fix the numbers.

We can also speak about UK. For vgchartz the wii is at 3,2m. But chart track don't have said that the wii reached 3m in UK. So here an other possiblity of sales overtracking.

But it's more than that because ioi search the numbers the official tracker forget.

Euphoria14 said:
Neos said:

Thanks for the wonderful input. Go play a $60 game that gives you 5 hours, I will play my garbage 100+ hour game thank you very much. :)

While i'll play Morrowind.  Which is better.

Or rather i would if it wasn't for Vista....  damn Vista...

sc94597 said:

Yes this would be insane, mostly because it would be impossible. 1TB is probably not feasible on an optical disk. The next elder scrolls is probably no more than 5 years away. Even if it takes the full five years there probably won't be a new portable format. 1TB is possible in a portable media format, but not using optical disk technology. Check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holographic_disk for more information.