By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN reviews alone in the dark: 3.5/10

Damn and this great game is delayed for the PS3 I have to shoot myself.

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
Munkeh111 said:
Aw. I thought quite a lot had been expected from this game

Not really. To me, so much as the box art radiated an aura of mediocrity to me. And when I saw Atari, I gave an uncomfortable shiver. I expected it to be a bit average, but not as mediocre as has been shown. Should still sell a decent amount on the 360, although I feel bad for Atari. At least there's hope.

Oh I had no interest, but I thought others did, and I certainly did not think that it would be this badly received

well, since the ps3 version is delayed maybe it gets better than this one

Now I'm glad its delayed for PS3 as it means there's a slim chance I'll buy it if they get it improved over the level these reviews are indicating.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

It really is getting a bashing this game. I thought it would have been half decent and brought in average scores of 7.5-8, but it seems to be doing extremely badly. I was annoyed to hear that the PS3 version was delayed until September/October, but by the sounds of it, that IS a good thing.

It either gives Atari more time to make it a better game or gives Atari time to cancel the PS3 version.

IMHO, it looks like they will cancel the PS3 version, as why should they spend another 3-6 months of development on the game, when it is apparently cursed as it is and will likely not sell many anyway.

Also, even though Phil has only been in Atari a few months, he should have stood up and made a big decision...maybe his big decision was to release the game as is and try and recoup some money....but it is obviously such a weak game on quite a solid franchise, that is surely shouldn't have passed QC in the state its in.

A more sensible solution would have been to delay the game until the 2nd half of the year and try and make reasonable wholesale changes to make it a better title. Other companies have done it with better games.

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

Around the Network

Alone in the Dark on the PS3 will  be similar to the 360 version. A crap game remains a crap game regardless which console it is on.

ssj12 said:
roadkillers said:
I never played the game yet but I watched the videos and I was expecting it to be GotY material. Seriously Atari now officially sucks. They havent made anything good for what 15 years? Maybe more.

DBZ says hi

???

DBZ games are produced and developed by Namco Bandai (some outsourced to Dimps or other japanese studios). Atari is not involved in development, they only distribute them in the West.
(Same with other anime series)

Riachu said:
disolitude said:
I suggest you people rent the game...you may like it. If you like Resident evil 1, 2 and 3 on ps1 with a touch of GTA this game is great.

All of the RE games before RE4 have not aged very well so that is probably why Alone in the Dark is supposably bad

REmake: best survival horror game ever.  

I have it and I think it's a solid game with some camera and control issues. I would give it a 7.5

GamePro gave it a 5/10 and Official Nintendo Magazine gave it a 6.64/10 :(

I guess the Official Xbox Magazine has someone there that likes it, giving it a 8 out of 10...Or maybe they just give a lot of games high rankings