By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MGS4 framerate ~27 FPS average.

Settle down people! Seriously, since this is a game thats used to talk up the PS3's graphics capabilities its good to have more of the facts rather than biased opinions.

THE FRAME RATE ISN'T BAD.

Its quite acceptable for the genre and style of game. If it wasn't we'd be hearing a LOT more about it as some people would be just as keen to attack this game as others are to defend it.

Tease.

Around the Network
leo-j said:
johnsobas said:
i dont' see any evidence against the claim, all i see is notorious PS3 fanboys on this site just saying it's wrong.

So you think this is evidence simply because some guy on neo gaff posted it?

Sure, MGS4 runs alot better than GTA 4.

The guys that posted it, have between 10-1000 times the credibility you do.

If there wasn't credibility why would the GTAIV 640p revelation go all over the internet?

Tease.

Man people really do like to hate on mgs4 on this site. Personally I wouldn't even care if it was 27 fps. I 'm more consumed with the game and story. My tv says 1080i/60 - that's all I care about. People need to get over frame rate issues - acting like we are all professionals. Enjoy the games people.

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

finalsquall said:
Man people really do like to hate on mgs4 on this site. Personally I wouldn't even care if it was 27 fps. I 'm more consumed with the game and story. My tv says 1080i/60 - that's all I care about. People need to get over frame rate issues - acting like we are all professionals. Enjoy the games people.

what is wrong with you?  How did this turn into hating MGS?  Of course PS3 fanboys will say this, but nobody even said it was a bad thing, people have just been saying that many peoples claims that it runs at 60 FPS and or running at an unmoving 30 FPS are wrong.  I really don't care at all, i can't even notice the difference.  it was the same with RE4 for me.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

next time i write something in a ps3 thread i better make sure i am sensitive towards the ps3 fanboys on this site because they seem to find hate in every information that happens to slightly imply something considered bad about the ps3.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network

I'm just saying there have been people who are making alot of anti mgs4 threads or commenting on gfx issues, storyline issues, frame issues etc. I guess if people hold a game in high regard there will be those who hate the games even if they haven't tried it. No game is perfect - period!

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

@squall

I... can't believe I'm saying this, but... I actually agree.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

MGS hate isn't anything new. All great pieces of art and profound pieces of literature tend to attract as many detractors as they do admirers. MGS stands unique among video games as a historical series presenting profound ideas, artistry with ground breaking execution. People who cannot appreciate or understand the complexities of the franchise find it easiest to simply attack it.

i though it ran good when i played it

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

johnsobas said:
next time i write something in a ps3 thread i better make sure i am sensitive towards the ps3 fanboys on this site because they seem to find hate in every information that happens to slightly imply something considered bad about the ps3.

I do agree it's ridiculous how PS3 fans take everything so sensitively, but the majority kind of put it on them. Before the comeback of the PS3, it was very popular to talk trash about it. It wasn't easy to discuss about it on sites without people coming in just to trash-talk it. :/ There weren't much sites besides the official playstation site to discuss it freely. People made us PS fans like this. Not saying it's your fault or anything, it's just a result of the not-so-popular PS3 bashing.

PSN: Lone_Canis_Lupus