By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MGS4 framerate ~27 FPS average.

I'm with Snake on this one, I'd put this in the "who gives a shit" category. Though I've never understood people who get hung up on FPS. As long as it doesn't slow down to being noticeable then who cares?

Around the Network

@Leo: He's provided some data, now perhaps it's incorrect or perhaps it's taken from a part of the game that does run slower but all you have given me is the opinion of your eyeballs and the PS3-coloured glasses that sit permanently in front of them. Show me some data that says MGSIV runs at 60 and then we can talk about it again

............BUT ANYWAY, my point was that people still love the game so obviously the frame rate isn't an issue.

Rofl, you need to get a life; anyone who has it knows it isn't 27 fps... The lowest it may go during rough sequences its 27 but saying that is the average is just an angry fanboy.

You guys why is this an argument? Does it matter if the game is running at 30 or 60fps? You barely notice the difference on consoles. Especially if your tv is a CRT one.

Yet this game gets freakin' 10's and is so "perfect"! GTA4 all over again.

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

Around the Network

I don´t own the game, but I mean low FrameRate? Yeah, like who cares, I don´t notice the framerate in my games, and I don´t care about it. As long as i´t doesn´t slow down its fine=).

Torillian said:
I'm with Snake on this one, I'd put this in the "who gives a shit" category. Though I've never understood people who get hung up on FPS. As long as it doesn't slow down to being noticeable then who cares?

Well some scenes I'll notice the frame drop, but not a major complaint of mine. I think as long as a game is above 24fps general, it's fine. Movie studios use 24fps as a standard for cheap production but a smooth enough framerate.

PSN: Lone_Canis_Lupus

Ssyn said:
Rofl, you need to get a life; anyone who has it knows it isn't 27 fps... The lowest it may go during rough sequences its 27 but saying that is the average is just an angry fanboy.

Says the user with an avatar indicating bias, and the fact that the user doesn't even address the actual methodology of this number, just assumes some fanboy made it up.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

regin2005 said:
Yet this game gets freakin' 10's and is so "perfect"! GTA4 all over again.

Framerate only matters to those who look for something to complain about. I played through MGS4 twice and I didn't notice it because I never pay attention to that sort of thing.

I love all the people saying that their eyeballs can pin it down much better than the people who actually analyzed it.

Get over it. It doesn't run at 60 fps. A lot of games don't. Its the same as the "every game is 1080p" crap.