By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Proof that reviews are meaningless

disolitude said:
leo-j said:
You enjoy this game more than MGS4?

Wow..

I sure am.

MGS4 had me watching some cool cutscenes and had an interesting conclusion to a great story. But gameplay wise it was absolutely nothing I havent seen before.

While you can tell a only a small group of people worked on alone in the dark while a small country worked on metal gear solid 4 due to the huge amount of polish that game has...you can also tell that without the polish, Alone in the dark is a brand new gaming experience while MGS4 is a repeat of the past 3 great games in that series.

Did you even bother replaying mgs?

Oh well, you hate the game anyway.

mM
Around the Network

every single reviewer is saying that gameplay is very buggy,,,now how on earth did you get to conclusion that AID is better than MGS4?t,,,,,Well it could be that you don't even own MGS4 and been pretending all along to take stab non stop at PS3 without being called out for since you supposedly own all three consoles,,,,

It's fine to like 360 more than PS3 if a person owns them both,,,but it's something else that some one would say he/she enjoyed a bug fested game more than a brilliant game like MGS4.

Calm down Spartan and Leo. Opinions are just that, and arguing against someone's preferences is pointless. I don't personally agree with him about MGS4, but he's within his rights to dislike the game, and accusing him of lying about owning or playing it is just ridiculous. You don't need to defend your favorite game whenever someone says something negative about it. Learn to have a thicker skin about these things.

leo-j said:
disolitude said:
leo-j said:

Wow..

I sure am.

MGS4 had me watching some cool cutscenes and had an interesting conclusion to a great story. But gameplay wise it was absolutely nothing I havent seen before.

While you can tell a only a small group of people worked on alone in the dark while a small country worked on metal gear solid 4 due to the huge amount of polish that game has...you can also tell that without the polish, Alone in the dark is a brand new gaming experience while MGS4 is a repeat of the past 3 great games in that series.

Lol. I bought the PS3 solely for that game...I bought the game before I had a ps3 actually to make sure it would come in on launch day. I am a huge fan of the mgs series.

I don't hate mgs4 but it deefinetly wasnt as good as 1 or 3 in my opinion. Was this the first MGS that you played or something? I can't believe someone would be raving so much about this game if they had played Snake Eater. Sanke eater introduces pretty much everything MGS4 gameplay is based around including healing and camouflage %. But it also had much better boss fights, better gameplay to cutscenes ration and that cool torture scene which owns any cutscene in MGS4...

This word 'proof' is being thrown around rather casually these days.

Around the Network
disolitude said:

Lol. I bought the PS3 solely for that game...I bought the game before I had a ps3 actually to make sure it would come in on launch day. I am a huge fan of the mgs series.

I don't hate mgs4 but it deefinetly wasnt as good as 1 or 3 in my opinion. Was this the first MGS that you played or something? I can't believe someone would be raving so much about this game if they had played Snake Eater. Sanke eater introduces pretty much everything MGS4 gameplay is based around including healing and camouflage %. But it also had much better boss fights, better gameplay to cutscenes ration and that cool torture scene which owns any cutscene in MGS4...

I dont even take it as opinion anymore, it seems you are attacking the game.

I own all the MGS games, MGS4 is EASILY the best of the series(not just to me but to thousands  that bought the game)

mM
leo-j said:
disolitude said:
leo-j said:
disolitude said:
leo-j said:

Wow..

I sure am.

I own all the MGS games, MGS4 is EASILY the best of the series.

lol,,leo I think it's safe to assume that he hasn't played MGS4,,,,

he is just pretending that he has PS3 so he can criticise the game and then don't forget about his upcomming Thread about selling his imaginary PS3 since PS3 is not good.

@OP, you disagree with a review and that is somehow PROOF that all reviews are meaningless?

This thread = fail.

SpartanFX said:

lol,,leo I think it's safe to assume that he hasn't played MGS4,,,,

he is just pretending that he has PS3 so he can criticise the game and then don't forget about his upcomming Thread about selling his imaginary PS3 since PS3 is not good.

I completely agree with you, him squillium and sieaner have tried there best to attack the game. The funniest part is that squilliam thinks the game runs on par with GTA4(rofl), and he also believe MGS4 has pre rendered cutscenes, truley pathetic.

mM
leo-j said:
disolitude said:
leo-j said:
disolitude said:
leo-j said:

Wow..

I sure am.

I own all the MGS games, MGS4 is EASILY the best of the series.

And thats your opinion. Even if a game is great people can like other games more depending on their tastes. For example even though KOTOR is a better game in rateing I had more fun with AC. He's not attacking it he just has a diffrent taste in gaming which is why he feels the Alone in the Dark is better then MGS4 everyone has their own feelings just beacuse he does not feel the same way about the game does not make his opinion wrong or agressive.

Former something....