By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zone of the Enders the 3rd Runner?

ZoE's entire fanbase consists of MGS fans who only bought the games because they were made by Kojima.   ZoE3 would flop on any system other than the ps3.  Hell, even on the ps3 it would flop, given the fact that both ZoE 1/2 sold poorly on the ps2 DESPITE being made by Kojima and being excellent titles.

Around the Network

Ugh. I love the Wii. I loved ZOE2 with a burning, fiery passion.

I would probably not love ZOE3 on the Wii nearly as much. (There's a caveat. Read below.)

I don't believe the Wii would limit the game's graphics or presentation in any significant way. If ZOE2 was in progressive scan and wide screen (I forget if it had wide screen support or not), there'd be absolutely no graphical improvement for me to ask of it.

ZOE2 had a control system that worked amazingly well. After seeing trailers and the like of the game, I wondered how I'd be able to control it smoothly. By the end of the game, I wasn't even thinking about the controls and moving/blasting effortlessly around the levels watching my machine do amazing things that I couldn't believe I was actually consciously controlling.

The only way I would like ZOE3 on the Wii would be if Konami/Kojima decided to forego motion controls entirely and simply used the remote/nunchuk as a normal controller. If they can pull it off without altering the controls in any significant way, then I can accept it being on the Wii. Otherwise, it needs to be on a platform (or multiple platforms) where it will have a traditional controller.

makingmusic476 said:

ZoE's entire fanbase consists of MGS fans who only bought the games because they were made by Kojima.   ZoE3 would flop on any system other than the ps3.  Hell, even on the ps3 it would flop, given the fact that both ZoE 1/2 sold poorly on the ps2 DESPITE being made by Kojima and being excellent titles.

I don't think it was advertised well,because I've never heard about it until recently.

makingmusic476 said:

THANK YOU. Jesus, why is it that Wii fans feel like every game should be made for the Wii even when the original fanbase is on another console. Thats like saying a game like Fire Emblem (if it wasn't published by nintendo) being made on the Xbox 360, makes no sense (I would mention a big name game that would be perfect to say in this situation but won't to save the topic).

*bleu-ocelot* said:
makingmusic476 said:

I don't think it was advertised well,because I've never heard about it until recently.

Well, the original Zone of the Enders came with the MGS2 demo.  That's pretty good advertising, if you ask me. :P

Around the Network

it is better off on the PS3 since it is really hardcore and fast paced to be on the wii even though there are a few fast paced wii titles.

End of 2008 Sales:

Wii- 39 Million 360- 25Million PS3- 22 Million

PSN: papasmurf5721

By the end of 2008 there will be like 25 mln. PS3 sold(if Sony will do a pricecut),
and 25 mln. is more then xbox or GC sold.
Games sell on PS3.
So with having MGS4 engine, all Konami need, is just make a scenario and develope on PS3, easy.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

SnakeEyez said:
makingmusic476 said:

ZoE's entire fanbase consists of MGS fans who only bought the games because they were made by Kojima. ZoE3 would flop on any system other than the ps3. Hell, even on the ps3 it would flop, given the fact that both ZoE 1/2 sold poorly on the ps2 DESPITE being made by Kojima and being excellent titles.

THANK YOU. Jesus, why is it that Wii fans feel like every game should be made for the Wii even when the original fanbase is on another console. Thats like saying a game like Fire Emblem (if it wasn't published by nintendo) being made on the Xbox 360, makes no sense (I would mention a big name game that would be perfect to say in this situation but won't to save the topic).

Cause there are a number wii owners who own ZOE on this site?

Its not going to be on the wii no matter what you people say, KOJIMA IS AGAINST CASUAL GAMING.

He said this when MGS4 was about to release " One of the last games that stand against the casual transition".

http://www.gamesradar.com/f/mgs4-makes-last-stand-against-casual-games/a-2008060910132615002

mM
leo-j said:
Its not going to be on the wii no matter what you people say, KOJIMA IS AGAINST CASUAL GAMING.

He said this when MGS4 was about to release " One of the last games that stand against the casual transition".

What does that have to do with the Wii? Also what's happening with that Kojima project he has on the Wii if that is the case?