By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 08 Holiday Season For Wii Will be Legendary.

Edit.

D* it, I've posted in the wrong place.

Sorry.

Around the Network

Last year there was (essentially) 9 weeks which represented the holiday boost for the Wii:

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 10th Nov 2007 to 05th Jan 2008:

Console Wii
Total

All things considered, I wouldn't be too surprised to see Nintendo sell 1/5 to 1/3 more units in 2008 than they did in 2007 which would work out to 7.25 to 8 Million units sold over the Christmas 2008 holiday season.

EBAY prices are sure to go up,judging by Nintendo's lack of steady allocation to retailers concurrently in each region.I saw one go for at least $700.00 last season.

So jon, what your trying to say is.. Nintendo domination 2008 christmas?

I can say I speak for everyone when I say wrong!

Nintendo domination started in 2006 and it hasn't stopped, get your facts strait =P.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

DMeisterJ said:
Speaking of Wii Fit, where are they?

Sold out???

And yeah, Wii-fit is the biggest helper here... any other game will get some benefit of sharing the Xmas season with Wii-fit...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
Around the Network
Kenology said:
^ You're so pessimistic when it comes to Nintendo, kingofwale.

Well, right now, we don't know what Nintendo is doing this holiday season. Animal Crossing is expected but what else. We won't know if Nintendo is doing till E3.

So lame when the worlds leading video game developer/publisher goes all quite about what their going to develop/publish so other's wont copy cat them.. Ubisoft...

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

HappySqurriel said:

Last year there was (essentially) 9 weeks which represented the holiday boost for the Wii:

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 10th Nov 2007 to 05th Jan 2008:

Console Wii
Total

All things considered, I wouldn't be too surprised to see Nintendo sell 1/5 to 1/3 more units in 2008 than they did in 2007 which would work out to 7.25 to 8 Million units sold over the Christmas 2008 holiday season.

That is where I was basing my numbers. Nintendo sold 6.1 million last year and the Wii was a WW sellout. This year with a full year of 1.8 million production levels and possibly a few month of 2.3-2.5 this CMas will be bigger, we may not see the 700 dollar Wiis on ebay, but it will be severly constrained in many places.

Also I did not figure the huge affect animal crossing could have in Japan because it has not been announced yet. The numbers I gave are middle of the line. The final tally might be much higher. I really think supply allowing the Wii could pull off a 2 million week the week of CMAS.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Japan has had enough of the Wii - sales are down 40% YoY - so why should it suddenly spike in Christmas?

The US - do you really think Thanksgiving 2008 is going to be as jumpy as 2007? Do you know how consumers are feeling out there?

if nintendo will stockpile alopt i think this will be possible

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"