By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will the Wii ever outsell the PS360?

^well those games you talk about are few and far between

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network
brute said:

True,and that's the problem.Although I expect a flood of Japanese oriented games to hit the PS3 next year.

^hmm im not so sure about that,i think alot of them will release their big gasmes on wii after seeing how mus\ch it has sold and is still selling,like with MH3

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

*bleu-ocelot* said:
brute said:

True,and that's the problem.Although I expect a flood of Japanese oriented games to hit the PS3 next year.

Ah, I see. If the question is "Will the Wii ever hit 50 percent market share" then it is very probable that it will. Will it keep it? There is no telling.

That said, I think you should base your predictions on current trends, not predictions based on the assumption that the PS3 is just a great system that everyone will eventually want, lol.

It might be a great system, but as we've seen, there is probably not gonna be a huge tide turning swing in favor of any one console.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you still believe the PS3 has a high chance of outselling the Wii by itself, correct?

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

wii will outsell ps360 in Q4 2008 or Q1 2009. wii has pretty unlimited userbase since we get games for new gamers(casuals) and core gamers who likes every kind of game(from jrpgs to fps). ps360 has mainly multiplatform games, mostly fps and tps and couple of games from different genres, but still it isn't even comparable with wii suport(except fps and tps). fps/tpf fanbase isn't unlimited and developers are bringing more exclusive core games to wii so it will gather many ps360 owners to nintendo console plus people who have been waiting for a leader. besides wii didn't get a single pricecut yet and still is outselling ps360 with shortages. i'm guessing that wii will gather about 65-70% and ps360 30-35 by the end of this generation.

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:
brute said:

Ah, I see. If the question is "Will the Wii ever hit 50 percent market share" then it is very probable that it will. Will it keep it? There is no telling.

That said, I think you should base your predictions on current trends, not predictions based on the assumption that the PS3 is just a great system that everyone will eventually want, lol.

It might be a great system, but as we've seen, there is probably not gonna be a huge tide turning swing in favor of any one console.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you still believe the PS3 has a high chance of outselling the Wii by itself, correct?

Lol.I'm not that naive anymore,but i do believe the PS3 has fight left in it.If a casual audience is the current market trend,then the PS3 is a perfect machine to capitalize off of(Blu-Ray).Sony has already taken notes with the rumored wii like controller in development.The Playstation could do a 180 real fast.That's why I think that Nintendo won't reach 50% market share.Time will tell though.

i think wii will eventually start dropping off in the coming years

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Skeeuk said:

i think wii will eventually start dropping off in the coming years

I agree,but I think it will start to drop off much sooner.Like 2009.

I think the new Xbox and a Wii2 will come in 2010, until that the Wii will get over 50% of the market.

Considering how conservative Nintendo are they will probably never increase production to a level sufficient to ensure this happens.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down