By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What if Zelda Wii had the concept of Mario Galaxy controls.

Grey Acumen - you didn't read the OP at all >.>

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network

dib8rman, have you ever played the co-op mode in WW? Is that kind of the idea you're suggesting? I liked how it was in WW.

For those who don't know, in WW a second player could use a connected GBA and help the player by using bombs and doing countless other things.

No I didn't know you could do that in WW... I have it... when I get home I'll test that out. But what I described is just an expanded version of what already exists (to my knowledge) in Mario Galaxy.

The WW example sounds dead on though, I didn't know it even had GBA connectivity.

One thing with the WW setup I just realized was that I'm pretty sure you can only do the two player co-op in the overworld, and once you go into a dungeon you can't use the GBA anymore.

I can't find it =.=;

Wierd most of my GC games have gone... missing O.o

meh, it around somewhere, You speaking about that GBA interconnectivity makes me want to play FFCC >.>

Darn it I wan't CB to come out already!

Oh well

thread/

I'll take your word for it, I didn't know WW did that though.

Around the Network
dib8rman said:
Grey Acumen - you didn't read the OP at all >.>

Sorry, I read it, but I skimmed through it and it didn't click that you were talking about controls for a second player, essentially like how you controlled Tingle using the DS in Windwaker. There were cetain places that the Tingle Tuner wouldn't work, but it usually worked in all overworld areas and any dungeon.

It could easily work for Zelda Wii if you limited what they could do to stuff like giving the name, hit points, attack power, and other small bits of data about enemies, or if you were trying to bring attention to an object, merely make it so you can make the navi cursor flash brighter to catch their attention, but not actually influence the camera at all, cause that was incredibly annoying in Wind Waker. It would also be cool if you could sorta dive bomb the enemy to distract them momentarily, provided the enemies were actually any challenge at all under normal circumstances.

IMO, Tingle had far too much interaction in the Zelda world. If you stepped it back to a little less than what Mario Galaxy let the second player do, then that could actually be pretty decent.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Here, read under the Tingle Tuner part: http://gaming.wikia.com/wiki/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_The_Wind_Waker

It's a very brief description.

Sounds interesting. But I like Navi/Tatl having a personality of her own. Turning her into a random dot on the screen that somebody else controls would kill the character, imo.

Unless you gave player 2 more control over the fairy than they were given over the startbit pointer. Say the kept the fairy 3D, and player 2 could actually maneuver them around to do things, like explore a bit, or light up a dark room, etc.

Okay, so lets actually put a list of things that it would be cool for a second player to be able to do.

Good things:

- Be a small light source, in case the lantern runs out of oil/magic, or in case you want to see an area that the light of the lantern doesn't quite reach

- Give SHORT info on enemies when hovering on them; Name, HP/Total HP, Strength, (have the item that the enemy is weak against shown as an icon)

- Annoy enemy in order to provide a temporary distraction.

- Gather various items that are dropped like hearts and rupees and carry them to Link. Possibly use this to implement a 2nd player controlled shooting game, like how the ducks in the NES duck hunt could be controlled by the second player.

Anything else?

Bad things:

- Being able to change teh camera away from what the 1st player wants

- Being able to make bombs, or at least make bombs that can damage 1st player and waste rupees.

- Anything else?

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Ahh, well no actually I mean't as in using the Mario Galaxy concept, in other words certain very beneficial things could only be accomplished with a 2nd player, that made the game much easier but kept the challenge of staying alive there.

Like how you could use the star thing to hold boulders for short periods of time, or get a nice boost on a jump you normally couldn't make.

Translate that to Zelda and prehaps you could have an assist that would make the game challenging in a new way while it's beneficial to you. Nothing to direct, but the little thing would need it's own abilities to keep the 2nd player interested, that way they don't feel like their just along for the ride, maybe even have the navi thing have hieght with the IR and have depth with analog (X and Z with the Analog, Y with IR.) Mario Galaxy didn't have the concept, the star pointer was pretty much on the screen. Maybe even bring back the bombchu idea for team work.

While adding new element's like having Navi point to things out after the 2nd player spots it.

Have an Army of Two concept going with 2 people playing Zelda one as Navi the other as Link - this would demand Navi to have innovative functionality to have people wanting to use it. Of course it has to be anti-link, while working with Link very well.

Oh well... just thought it would be cool, but then again remembering FFCC GC... cooperative play of such intricity hardly works out as intended.