By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Entertainment Weekly's Top 50 Games of the Last 25 Years

soo, they put gta 4, and not vice city? AND NO POKEMON!!! NO SUPER MARIO 64??? this list saddens me.

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:

Oblivion deserves to top that list. But at least it's there...

Delete Gers of war, godofwar and a couple of the Marios and it's a decent list overall.

But why no Age of Empires??

There are only two Marios on the list, besides Kart, and Gears deserves its' spot.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Like any lists anyone will put out there there are problems with it but on the overall it is a good list.

Why do I say so? Because most of my all time favorites are on there, not necessarily at the position I'd put them but they are there.

Signature goes here!

The problems with these lists is that there aren't any real criteria.

There's really only two ways to measure it: either by favorites, or by importance. You can't make an objective list for "best," so don't even try; just call it favorites. But if you want to make a "greatest" list, do it as objectively as possible, using popularity, influence, cultural importance, etc.

And in those terms, this list is AWFUL. No original SMB, no Pokemon, no GT, no the Sims, no Wii Sports, no Sonic, GTAIV instead of GTAIII? But tons of stuff that just amounts to hardcore favorites instead. Pretty useless if this is anything but a group of editors favorite games.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Doom in 3rd I would agree with. But no Pokemon = FAIL

Around the Network

While a number of the games on that list are good... It is full of Fail.
How exactly did they come up with this list?

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

interesting list, but I enjoyed D/P more than Madden NFL 2005.....

Slimebeast said:

Oblivion deserves to top that list. But at least it's there...

Delete Gers of war, godofwar and a couple of the Marios and it's a decent list overall.

But why no Age of Empires??

Oblivion doesn't even deserve to be in the top100. Morrowind should've taken Oblivion's position on this list.

COD4 is WAAAAAAY too low on that list. Much better than the vast majority of those games above it. GTA4 at #9? WTF? That game was the single biggest disappointment I've had in the last several years. Don't get me started.

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.

Where is Ninjabread man?