By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - We need changes here - Fanboy threads/personal attacks OUT OF CONTROL

Words Of Wisdom said:
weezy said:
This thread is a joke. Here is a tissue for you babies.

My sentiments as well.  If something offends you, ignore it.

If something or someone is preventing you from having a productive discussion in a thread, report it.

If someone is going to get offended by every little thing and comment they see, the internet itself (let alone the forums) is definitely not a place for them to be visiting.

Too many troll topics can have the same adverse effect of too many troll posts. It drowns out any form of intelligent conversation in favor of meaningless bickering and fanboyism.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network
TalonMan said:
The biggest problem here is the 'crying wolf' stuff that goes on. A number of users (and believe me, I'm not looking at anyone in this particular thread) will report people as 'trolling' just because they post something contrary to their personal opinion - grow some thicker skin, people!!!

Granted, the points in this thread are valid (and Squilliam, I'll say I've seen YOUR particular name in our mod queue on more than one occasion!) but how much more can we do? I think we do a pretty DAMN good job around here - we give you guys more leeway than any other site I can think of and only truly act if you're abusing the privledge. Would you prefer we turn into a Gamespot? If you say 'ass' you'll get suspended? How about Gaf where we'll ban you if you mention a word we don't like???

I think we're trying to foster an intelligent and mature community by giving you all the opportunity to act intelligent and mature, rather than treating you all like children. Yes, there are the occasional dunder-heads that infiltrate and maybe we don't always get them immediately after they've been reported - but we certainly do our best, and I think even with our faults, we have a better community than other websites.

This is very good.

I hope you continue with this policy.

I'm against more banning and stuff. But Im aware of the prblem that Squilliam describes. Just lock slightly more threads and this site will be fine (slightly more).

Censorship is so huge on the Internet, and I hate it!! Fukkin control-freak mods are on every forum out there.

MontanaHatchet said:
Honestly, I'm just too tired right now to think about it all. Bod is the only other mod on right now and he moderates lightly. Frankly, we should just be adding new mods every time the rest of us lose ambition, which seems to be the case here.

Mod burnout does happen. Life happens also. Personally I find it a bit sad when some of my favorite posters become mods and then start posting less. Sometimes that's probably a little bit of burnout, other times just other things in life becoming more interesting or requiring more attention.

I think this has something to do with all the BANNED PERMA BANNED users coming back..

mM

well we will never get rid of blatent favourism on vgchartz, but its the personal attacks that i dont like, sure there can be a bit of banter here and there.

but ive read some stuff on here that i would delete if i was a mod.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network
leo-j said:
I think this has something to do with all the BANNED PERMA BANNED users coming back..

Such as yourself?

Leo would think that LOL

Really I thought the fun of VGchartz nexgen wars counting and reporting sales figures to stroke are preverbial EGO's of gaming knowledge and the system Wii know powns all.

And the fact the most posters here quote some other BS spin to flame a point that no one really cares about just to piss anybody off who will listen and that was the point.

Because then we can rush in with reason and fact and intellect and win the day with excellant argumentation.

Go to bed thinking the world is a better place because some BS we spewed on a site geared to sell ads and make money.

But we love this place and how easily affected we are in the face of opposing oppinion.

I personnally thought that was the biggest sale of this place is the flame wars, and personal attacks, hell its the internet and everyone has a pair behind a monitor and keyboard.

Its face to face when we become more civilized unless your a soccer fan or live in L.A. or are a Raider fan! then all rulez dont apply to you.

Just post in Love and respect your fellow gamers and we can make the world a better place.

Peace Out.

Gnizmo said:
Leetgeek said:
Pffft Squilliam has no Problem with "troll" posts that argue in favor of M$ or Nintento. Nor do 14/16 moderators. How can anyone say this site isn't bias? Let's be real.

Talonman, Montana, Twesterm, Naznatips, Ssj12, Bohestava, and Roadkillers off the top of my head show little to no bias against the PS3. I am certain more of the moderators fit into that mold as well, but I have forgotten most of their names right now. Fishyjoe, and Mrstickball are the only ones who seem to ever rile up the PS3 fanboys for fun. Rocketpig is pretty brutal on MGS fans, but that is just incidentally related to PS3 fans.

Twesterm and Naznatips have showed their bias in the past before they were mods from what i remember, but they are pretty good guys now.  Of course i have changed a lot so it might just be my view of how things happened in the past.

I think the mods are doing their best for the site, sure some posts or posters are not dealt with fast enough, but this is not due to the mods not doing their job, they just don't have enough time to spend on the site.  Maybe getting 3more mods too fill in the empty zones will be best.  But not to hand out crazy bans and shit but just to keep things in check by giving out warnings if they go to far and reporting in to the head mods incase further action is needed. 

This will allow the higher up mods to do their job in less time then what it takes now.

Plus you guys could always make me a mod, i'm very unbias and don't give a shit about the console wars or fanboy crap.

RolStoppable said:
Yes Griffin, we also could make zackblue a mod while we are at it.

Who is this Zackblue person you speak of, i've never heard of him, but if you think he is good enough to be a mod then he must be one great poster

I couldn´t agree more with Weezy and WoW.

And one more thing: Please never make Zen a mod on this site. He´d be a judge, not a mod.