By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is this the longest the ps3 has gone without a price cut?

i think so but i cant remember

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

Around the Network

considering it's only been out for less than two years, it's really not saying a lot.

I mean, I care more about games than the $50 price difference.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

i believe the NA price cut is coming sometime around March. Sony needs some time to increase the worth of a ps3 and actually make the price drop effective. Maybe if FF13 is released in Japan, I could see a price cut even though there aren't very many games the Japanese like out now.

it hasnt even been 2 years yet wut kind of question is that.

i believe ther will be a price cut this year for the holidays season

Around the Network

don't hold your breath playnext3. sony knows that they can sell 95-100% of their stock with holiday season even at their current price point and they can probably do it at a profit with the price where it is at, and they need profits. Most likely a price cut will be next spring/summer.

I expect that there will be a PS3 price cut in November. Just before the holiday season.

I not sure, but it has definitely been some time since it had a price cut, and i don't see it getting price cut anytime soon.

My reason for this is that Sony has finally picked up the PS3 in sales and it is now competing with the 360 in sales. Also, PS3 has a much better line up of games this year. MGS4 has already boosted the PS3s sales everywhere, and Final fantasy 13 is going to sell many systems, especially in Japan. There are also other potential system sellers as well coming soon.

My other reason is that the PS3 Has already lost Sony millions and millions of dollars. If they make another price cut it will only lose them more money. When they where first selling the PS3 at launch, they were already selling at a loss.

PSN- williwod

Remember, there are no stupid questions. Just stupid people- Mr Garrison

I think that if 360 gets a price cut then ps3 will also but i think that ps3 should get a price cut anyway during the holidays beacuse really good games are coming and with a price cut it would sell alot.

Sony would be stupid at this point to cut prices. They're selling much better this year, they should ride out the year and focus on profitability (which is something the 360 has been doing for a long time now).