By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Have you ever bought a Game before its Console??

No. It doesn't make much sense because the game could be cheaper when you buy the console. I guess in the same token the game could be more expensive if it becomes rare but thats highly unlikely in the same console generation.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network

I bought Red Steel before Wiis could even technically be owned. Of course, I got my Wii later that night at midnight launch, but for 6 hours I owned Red Steel without a Wii.

Hmmm... haven't actually done that... yet.

Dragon Quest VIII and FFXII Collectors Edition before I had a PS2, I bought them for my collection, played them later

''Hadouken!''

I bought Twilight Princess and Red Steel a week or so before I got my Wii.. Try to guess which one I played to the end and the one which sucked and was promptly exchanged.

Around the Network

40 odd Ps2 games before I owned a ps2
4 Wii games, same deal
I do it a lot.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

I actually bought LoZ:TP before the console was released. The game was being sold a week before the Wii came out and I snatched that bad boy up like it was the last copy on earth.

Proud Owner of all 3 current-gen systems

Currently Playing:
SSBB, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, MKWii, GTA IV (360), MGS4, DQIV, Jeanne d'Arc, FFVII: Crisis Core, Chrono Trigger (PSX)

Mario Kart FC: 4897-6731-4375
SSBB FC: 1504-5406-8515
Wii Friends Code: 1020-2726-1535-3964

XBL:
PhatLaosBoi
PSN: PhatLaosBoi

FF-X then the most embarassing thing happened........My brother caught me and made me be return my purchase for a refund. i was going to play it on his PS2 for a while til i got one of my own.

Halo 2, but i knew i was getting an Xbox for Christmas

PhatLaosBoi said:
I actually bought LoZ:TP before the console was released. The game was being sold a week before the Wii came out and I snatched that bad boy up like it was the last copy on earth.

Similar story--my EB had a bunch of 360 games out a couple of weeks before launch.  The only one I was interested in was Kameo (yes, I said it--it's a damn fun game!)

Also, my brother bought NHL 2000 in anticipation of getting a PS2 for Christmas that year.

Finally, this is slightly different, but I had a PS3 for several months before buying a game for it XD

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."