By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Have you ever bought a Game before its Console??

Grey Acumen said:

Zelda Twilight Princess. There was a sale for it and I knew I'd be getting it once I got the console anyway, so I just bought it then.

I honestly forget how long it took me to find a Wii. I think it actually took about a month or two after i had already bought the game.

I did the same thing. A few weeks after the Wii launched TP was like $10 off so I picked it up.  A week later I had money for a Wii and found one.  :)

Around the Network

yes, I reserved Zedla Twilight Princess, and then it took me 2 months to find a Wii.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Red Steel 1 month before my Wii

Actually, Red Steel and Rayman Raving Rabbids were on sale a couple of days before the 19th of November (Wii's grand debut) for some reason. So I decided hey, why not buy 'em now?

And so I did... and I stared at them for quite some time. So sweet... so beautiful... my precious...

You think the Wii was hard to find?! I bought SSX MONTHS before I could get my hands on a PS2. I would read the instruction manual (boring black and white crap) and look at the case, dreaming about how much fun I was going to have. Eventually, the guy on the cover of the game began to taunt me. I knew that, in time it was going to be either him, or me.

I wound up trading the game in to a EBGames for about $20. $30 to have keep a game in my house for 2-3 months! My buisness savy is so impressive. Why am I not a millionaire yet?

Around the Network

I forgot if I did or just thought of it... but if I did it would have been because the hardware was out of stock in the store I'd buy the games in.
I almost bought DS games on ebay this year though.... just bought the DS a week ago.

I definitely did for PC, bought games before my parents bought the pentium PC (but that was planned so....

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

no, but this one guy that was next to me at the metal gear solid 4 midnight signing in NYC bought MGS4 and he didnt even own a ps3

I got my voucher for the Wii, but had to wait an hour for the store to open. So I went and bought Twilight Princess and then got my Wii when Circuit City opened.

check out the new ad for Wii!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ask5KDTcoU

I bought Rogue Squadron II a week before the GC launched.

Switch: SW-5066-1525-5130

XBL: GratuitousFREEK