By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I Just Can't Get Into Super Smash Bros. Brawl

MontanaHatchet said:

I agree with you completely.

This is why when people discuss the sales competition between Mario Kart and Brawl, I always want Mario Kart to win. I was so excited for Brawl. Hyped out of my mind, like millions of others. When I got the game, it felt like an expansion pack to Melee and I was very disappointed. All it took was to play Mario Kart Wii at a kiosk to make me believe that it is far superior to Brawl. Another failure of reviewers.

The worst part is that all the characters that were good in the last game are also good in Brawl. So now we have to deal with the same idiots who pick characters for skill rather than individuality...

Oh, MK Wii was a vast improvent over Double Dash? And you're saying dozens of reviewers failed to see how superior MKWii was to Brawl? Pfft. The difference in depth and polish between the two games is quite clear.

Sure, you can have your opinion, I just don't agree with it :p  Don't take this personally, I just chose your post to state how I feel. Mario Kart is a good game, btw.

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

Around the Network
dtewi said:
I don't suck at Brawl. I'm generally good at any video game I play.

Once I get online, I'll face you with Marth.

Is it possible to get online with a wired connection with 24K Dial-Up?

i think it might be possible but i might lag alot

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

MontanaHatchet said:

All it took was to play Mario Kart Wii at a kiosk to make me believe that it is far superior to Brawl. Another failure of reviewers.

Yeah. This. Kart, for some reason, is just more fun for me.

I did enjoy the SSE in Brawl (IMHO that was worth the price of admission).

I have no point of reference to Melee or Double Dash, never played either.

fkusumot said:
MontanaHatchet said:

All it took was to play Mario Kart Wii at a kiosk to make me believe that it is far superior to Brawl. Another failure of reviewers.

Yeah. This. Kart, for some reason, is just more fun for me.

I did enjoy the SSE in Brawl (IMHO that was worth the price of admission).

I have no point of reference to Melee or Double Dash, never played either.

i also enjoyed SSE,i dont know why alot of people didnt like it

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

dtewi said:

I-I-I don't know why. I used to play Melee non-stop. But now, it is hard for me to have an incentive to play.

I just find the game very boring. It is far too repetetive. When I play, it feels painful. I want to enjoy the game, I really do. But I can't.

Maybe it is due to the lack of human opponents. I don't know.

Yeah.  Human fighters make or break the game.  That's pretty much the case with any fighter though.  Unless your looking for the random quick street fighter playthrough... or got some wacky Mugen game.

Around the Network

The price point was justified by the insane amount of music tracks on it. That itself is more than 50$

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Hyperion said:
MontanaHatchet said:

I agree with you completely.

This is why when people discuss the sales competition between Mario Kart and Brawl, I always want Mario Kart to win. I was so excited for Brawl. Hyped out of my mind, like millions of others. When I got the game, it felt like an expansion pack to Melee and I was very disappointed. All it took was to play Mario Kart Wii at a kiosk to make me believe that it is far superior to Brawl. Another failure of reviewers.

The worst part is that all the characters that were good in the last game are also good in Brawl. So now we have to deal with the same idiots who pick characters for skill rather than individuality...

Oh, MK Wii was a vast improvent over Double Dash? And you're saying dozens of reviewers failed to see how superior MKWii was to Brawl? Pfft. The difference in depth and polish between the two games is quite clear.

Sure, you can have your opinion, I just don't agree with it :p  Don't take this personally, I just chose your post to state how I feel. Mario Kart is a good game, btw.

I've never played Double Dash, so I don't know. What I do know is that Mario Kart Wii is so much fun to play and really changed the series with a new controller. Brawl has to be played with the Classic or Gamecube controller if you ever want to be a half-decent player (argue all you want on this one) and I don't want to be playing Melee all over again. I played Melee non-stop since the Gamecube first came out. And with Brawl, I've played the SSE (which was such a horrible addition to the series) and I've played matches with friends. Most of us agree that the game is boring.

Mario Kart is the kind of casual, no-care fun that the Wii is all about. Brawl is more of the same crap. If we're talking about the Wii, depth and polish mean nothing to me.

Ya I have the same problem as you, I got brawl and loved it, but after I got some other games and then tryed to go back it just aint doin it for me anymore. I actually tryed playing today and I just cant get into it.

PSWii60 owner! woot

Get your Portable ID!

I played Melee a lot, but I started to get bored of it towards the end. (when Gamecube was winding down and we were getting ready for Wii)

So, I was worried I might not enjoy Brawl. However, I have enjoyed Brawl a lot. Single player sucks (as I have done it all many times before), but find someone to play with and it's a blast. I don't think I've enjoyed Smash Bros. this much since the N64 days.

Also: the music is WIN. "Legendary Air Ride Machine" and "Tetris Type A" are great, as are 95% of the songs in the game. :D

Brawl is a lot more fun against live opponents. I played Melee, and found Brawl to be a refreshing change to the 7 years of monotony. Mario Kart Wii is fun as well, but Brawl is much more my style.

Dial Up doesn't end well for online gaming... at the very least get DSL.

Brawl against CPU = Boring as hell

Against an opponent that can actually think = Rather enjoyable.

As for Mario Kart Wii... I've found online no more enjoyable then offline. Guess its all just a preference thing. Music in Mario Kart Wii depressed me too... I want my epic Rainbow Road music back D:

My Creations in Modnation Racers! Check zhem!
http://community.modnation.com/en-us/players/IvoYaridovich/creations