By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Disgaea 3 coming in August 26th for $50

wenlan said:
*~Onna76~* said:
Sweet game, sweet price, hate the US packshot though

I like it though. The Japanese version is too "busy".

Americans have the habit to make characters look "angry" on packshots, why's that anyway?

Not really to be cheerful about.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Around the Network
*~Onna76~* said:
wenlan said:
*~Onna76~* said:
Sweet game, sweet price, hate the US packshot though

I like it though. The Japanese version is too "busy".

Americans have the habit to make characters look "angry" on packshots, why's that anyway?

Not really to be cheery about.

Fugly!

To be fair he is the angry aloof, popular despite being a dick to everybody character. Or at least i think he is from what i've read.

Kasz216 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@kas

if their about story....I'm all for it. is it like FFT

It's a strategy RPG if thats what you mean.

Story wise... it's a comedy instead of a "Geo-political struggle" type thing.

For example Disgaea 1 was about Laharl, Prince of the Underworld who has to reunite the underworld after his father died.

Eating a pretzal.

Along the way he learns how to care.

It's the kind of game that will make you laugh inbetween almost every battle. I'll see if I can find youtube of some of the funnier stuff.

I thought MidBoss was great. Disgaea should be picked up by anyone who enjoys these types of games.

This is one game I definitely need to pick up, hopefully it doesn't become hard to find like the original.

I haven't ever took the time to play the 2nd game. Hopefully it contains just as much humor.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

you'll die laughing when you find out what the Prinnies' favorite sport is..

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
Kasz216 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@kas

if their about story....I'm all for it. is it like FFT

It's a strategy RPG if thats what you mean.

Story wise... it's a comedy instead of a "Geo-political struggle" type thing.

For example Disgaea 1 was about Laharl, Prince of the Underworld who has to reunite the underworld after his father died.

Eating a pretzal.

Along the way he learns how to care.

It's the kind of game that will make you laugh inbetween almost every battle. I'll see if I can find youtube of some of the funnier stuff.

I thought MidBoss was great. Disgaea should be picked up by anyone who enjoys these types of games.

This is one game I definitely need to pick up, hopefully it doesn't become hard to find like the original.

I haven't ever took the time to play the 2nd game. Hopefully it contains just as much humor.

yeah, MidBoss was great.

superbeast1370 said:
you'll die laughing when you find out what the Prinnies' favorite sport is..

Ah the prinny...

"You realize you're on the end that gets hurt by the ball right?"

"DOOD!?"

I wish I had played the first two.

Actually, I saw Disgaea brand new in Texas a few weeks ago, but picked up FFX instead (the store had quite a few rare games). Wish I had gotten both. :(

Sorry to dredge this one up again, but I didn't want to make a new topic for a simple question. Have they put out any official PS3 wallpapers with Disgaea on them? Think I'd like that to replace MGS4 as my next highly anticipated game.

Torillian said:
Sorry to dredge this one up again, but I didn't want to make a new topic for a simple question. Have they put out any official PS3 wallpapers with Disgaea on them? Think I'd like that to replace MGS4 as my next highly anticipated game.

Probably not.  Otherwise they would be used as advertising.