By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Disgaea 3 coming in August 26th for $50

The heroes meet the Prinny Squad!

Around the Network

I saw videos of it n it looked crap..

I dunno but is it meant to look like a PS1/PSP game...I have never been familiar with the series so my thoughts may sound stupid to usual followers of it.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
I saw videos of it n it looked crap..

I dunno but is it meant to look like a PS1/PSP game...I have never been familiar with the series so my thoughts may sound stupid to usual followers of it.

Not really. I mean... it looks a "little" better then the PS2 disgaea games from what i've sen... but just in that the colors are brighter and a little more lush. NI has never really been about improved graphics.

You buy them more for the story then anything else.

I mean... who doesn't want to have an army of exploding penguins that are really the reincarnated souls of evil humans.

Who say dood at the end of almost every sentence.

The Trailers music reminds me of some other game... a FF or SRW game...

The transformation moves look like they might give the game some more variety which it needs IMO.

thekitchensink said:
Kasz216 said:
PooperScooper said:
Is this series a story or is like Final Fantasy with different stories each time?

...Kinda.

Same universe... different story. Some characters make reapperances.

Disgaea 1&2 both had Etna and the Prinny Squad for example. Which means nothing to you... but they rule.

Yes.  Yes they do.

*throws an exploding penguin at the next poster

So if i buy this one i wont be lost... good to know.

@kas

if their about story....I'm all for it. is it like FFT

Around the Network
PooperScooper said:
thekitchensink said:
Kasz216 said:
PooperScooper said:
Is this series a story or is like Final Fantasy with different stories each time?

...Kinda.

Disgaea 1&2 both had Etna and the Prinny Squad for example. Which means nothing to you... but they rule.

Yes. Yes they do.

Nope.  Each game is it's self contained story... and if you like it... well lets just say after you beat the game... there will be plenty to keep you busy.

Kasz216 said:
PooperScooper said:
thekitchensink said:
Kasz216 said:
PooperScooper said:

...Kinda.

Yes. Yes they do.

Nope. Each game is it's self contained story... and if you like it... well lets just say after you beat the game... there will be plenty to keep you busy.

Pretty much this.  BTW, Rocketpig, you got assploded XD

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
darthdevidem01 said:
@kas

if their about story....I'm all for it. is it like FFT

It's a strategy RPG if thats what you mean.

Story wise... it's a comedy instead of a "Geo-political struggle" type thing.

For example Disgaea 1 was about Laharl, Prince of the Underworld who has to reunite the underworld after his father died.

Eating a pretzal.

Along the way he learns how to care.

It's the kind of game that will make you laugh inbetween almost every battle.  I'll see if I can find youtube of some of the funnier stuff.

@Kasz

so it doesn't have an empire attacking a small town, a princess who's fighting for justice, rabbit eared girls, unsocial male protaganists??

Kasz you have to find the power ranger knockoffs from the first one. Those guys were hilarious.