By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The OFFICIAL May NPD Prediction Thread

DS - 423k
WII - 338k
XBOX 360 - 155k
PS3 - 81k

Around the Network
Nintendo's Wii Extends Lead, Sells 338,000 Units in May in U.S.

By Dina Bass

June 14 (Bloomberg) -- Nintendo Co.'s Wii video-game console extended its lead over Sony Corp.'s PlayStation 3 and Microsoft Corp.'s Xbox 360, selling 338,000 machines in the U.S. in May.

The PlayStation 3 sold 81,000 units and the Xbox 360 sold 155,000 machines, according to data compiled by Port Washington, New York-based market researcher NPD Group Inc. and provided by Microsoft. Nintendo's Wii has outsold the competition since it was released in November.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=conewsstory&refer=conews&tkr=SNE:US&sid=al_jVeWnhvSA

Edit: Damn it bunkum you beat me!

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

I say we don't even put their trash on this site. Ban them. Only use ioi's numbers as actual's. That what I do anyways. I only quote from here and show my friends the charts on this site. NPD is out.

bunkum said:

DS - 423k
WII - 338k
XBOX 360 - 155k
PS3 - 81k

Hanhelds & SW please bunkum!?

"The next time someone tells you Compact Discs are the wave of the future, tell them the future doesn't belong to snails!" - Nintendo Power, April 1994

Holy hell this is a horrible month.

360 155k???

F***in' hell. Price drop confirmed!

Around the Network
superchunk said:
I say we don't even put their trash on this site. Ban them. Only use ioi's numbers as actual's. That what I do anyways. I only quote from here and show my friends the charts on this site. NPD is out.

Why just because NPD officials act like jerks doesn't mean their data is wrong. I think the data should be arranged accordingly and the formulas should be updated. It is afterall work in progress. Otherwise it wouldn't be a beta

Two months in a row the Wii has sold ~1.5 to 1 as compared to HD consoles ...

dam the wii... outsold the ps3 and 360!!!! combined....price cut confirmed for both....

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

So PS3 sold a bit less than last month? Wasn't last month a 5 week period?

rendo said:
So PS3 sold a bit less than last month? Wasn't last month a 5 week period?

Nuh, both April and May were 4 week NPDs. I believe June is 5 weeks though.