By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - My opion of the Ps3 after my first day playing it is....

colonelstubbs said:
Theres nothing wrong with the install times

The problem is there shouldn't be any installs at all. You should plug the game in and just play, like we have done with every other game console released. I never had to worry about install times on my PS1, PS2, Dreamcast, XBox, XBox 360, Gamecube, Wii, DS, PSP or Saturn. Installs are dumb.

I enjoy my PS3, but I have to agree that installs and those long updates bring the enjoyment down. I got the latest update yesterday and it took about 10 mins to download and another 12 mins to install it. On the XBox 360, their updates take about  5 minutes to download and install total time. Sony needs to speak to the devs about mandatory installs. At least make it optional, that would be fair to the gamers.

'gaming till I'm gone'

Around the Network

If you have a 1080p tv, try renting a blu ray movie (or two). It's also a fantastic upscaler for regular DVDs.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

XanderZane said:
colonelstubbs said:
Theres nothing wrong with the install times

The problem is there shouldn't be any installs at all. You should plug the game in and just play, like we have done with every other game console released. I never had to worry about install times on my PS1, PS2, Dreamcast, XBox, XBox 360, Gamecube, Wii, DS, PSP or Saturn. Installs are dumb.

I enjoy my PS3, but I have to agree that installs and those long updates bring the enjoyment down. I got the latest update yesterday and it took about 10 mins to download and another 12 mins to install it. On the XBox 360, their updates take about  5 minutes to download and install total time. Sony needs to speak to the devs about mandatory installs. At least make it optional, that would be fair to the gamers.

Agreed

I honestly dont know why there are installs, why cant the developer use the extra disc space to load content? That way we have less pop in, and less loading times(look at uncharted).

mM
leo-j said:
I honestly dont know why there are installs, why cant the developer use the extra disc space to load content? That way we have less pop in, and less loading times(look at uncharted).

Why catch they cache some of this data on the fly? There are many games that don't have installs on the PS3, yet they run just fine with only minor loading times. Why can't the other devs do this? Is this just bad program or a limitation of the hardware, or a combination of both?

'gaming till I'm gone'

Around the Network

i recomend, uncharted, resistance(just so you understand the story 4 the 2nd game), motorstorm, ratchet & clank, grand theft auto 4, call of duty 4, gran turismo 5 prologue and possibley devil may cry 4

Respect for compans: SONY > NINTENDO >>>>>>>>>> MICROSOFT

I'd be interested in hearing your opinion, too.

get gtaiv too,trust its worth to buy it

There are 3 games I really enjoy and play regularly:
Guitar Hero 3 (About 12 free downloadable songs on PSN, fun to rock out with friends)
GTA4 (35 hours and only 60% through)
Warhawk (Good online multiplayer game)

Others I would recommend:
Motorstorm (Very challenging, but I enjoyed it)
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (Very good game, with a great story)
Burnout Paradise (Very good racer, fun to wreck, haven't tried online)
Ratchet and Clank (Not fantastic, but it's pretty good and looks great)

Username2324 said:

There are 3 games I really enjoy and play regularly:
Guitar Hero 3 (About 12 free downloadable songs on PSN, fun to rock out with friends)
GTA4 (35 hours and only 60% through)
Warhawk (Good online multiplayer game)

Others I would recommend:
Motorstorm (Very challenging, but I enjoyed it)
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (Very good game, with a great story)
Burnout Paradise (Very good racer, fun to wreck, haven't tried online)
Ratchet and Clank (Not fantastic, but it's pretty good and looks great)

I have gh3 for wii and don't feel like spending money on another gh for ps3 when the new gh is coming out soon. Gta4 i plan on getting soon along with warhawk.