By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - My opion of the Ps3 after my first day playing it is....

I hate how long it takes to perform a system update! I got the MGS4 bundle 4 hours before I had to go to work, and I swear I spent 30 minutes waiting for the system to upgrade!! It's a minor quibble, though.* *this may actually be the first time I used the word "quibble". I feel kinda funny inside. :(

Around the Network

But Resistance 1 so when Resistance 2 comes out you will be ready!

Its only like 12.99 now

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

XanderZane said:
colonelstubbs said:
Theres nothing wrong with the install times

The problem is there shouldn't be any installs at all. You should plug the game in and just play, like we have done with every other game console released. I never had to worry about install times on my PS1, PS2, Dreamcast, XBox, XBox 360, Gamecube, Wii, DS, PSP or Saturn. Installs are dumb.

I enjoy my PS3, but I have to agree that installs and those long updates bring the enjoyment down. I got the latest update yesterday and it took about 10 mins to download and another 12 mins to install it. On the XBox 360, their updates take about  5 minutes to download and install total time. Sony needs to speak to the devs about mandatory installs. At least make it optional, that would be fair to the gamers.

To my understanding Microsoft don't have nearly enough capacity to improve the 360 hardware through regular updates as Sony does , and Sony really takes advantage of that I believe , the 22 minutes wait is downside of that but entirely worth it in the end.

Waiting 10 minutes for 2+ hours of fun is by no means a game killer , you won't evem remeber the install half way in unless your really hate the PS3 . You can't compare this gen to last Gen , you probably never had to worry about inter bandwith ,download allowances , power usage , heat etc  on the PS1,PS2,Dreamcast , Xbox ,PS2 , GC These things are to be expected as we  progress through generations , anyone who doesn't like it should just stay in the last gen. The only reason the 360 doesn't have installs is because unlike the PS3 hardrive isn't the standard.

Million said:
XanderZane said:
colonelstubbs said:
Theres nothing wrong with the install times

The problem is there shouldn't be any installs at all. You should plug the game in and just play, like we have done with every other game console released. I never had to worry about install times on my PS1, PS2, Dreamcast, XBox, XBox 360, Gamecube, Wii, DS, PSP or Saturn. Installs are dumb.

I enjoy my PS3, but I have to agree that installs and those long updates bring the enjoyment down. I got the latest update yesterday and it took about 10 mins to download and another 12 mins to install it. On the XBox 360, their updates take about  5 minutes to download and install total time. Sony needs to speak to the devs about mandatory installs. At least make it optional, that would be fair to the gamers.

To my understanding Microsoft don't have nearly enough capacity to improve the 360 hardware through regular updates as Sony does , and Sony really takes advantage of that I believe , the 22 minutes wait is downside of that but entirely worth it in the end.

Waiting 10 minutes for 2+ hours of fun is by no means a game killer , you won't evem remeber the install half way in unless your really hate the PS3 . You can't compare this gen to last Gen , you probably never had to worry about inter bandwith ,download allowances , power usage , heat etc  on the PS1,PS2,Dreamcast , Xbox ,PS2 , GC These things are to be expected as we  progress through generations , anyone who doesn't like it should just stay in the last gen. The only reason the 360 doesn't have installs is because unlike the PS3 hardrive isn't the standard.

Umm...ever hear of the xbox live system update? Happens when you launch a game...takes 10 seconds.

@disolitude what's your point ?

Around the Network

What is an opion?

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down