By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Hot Shots Golf 5 looks stunning - a million seller on PS3 in Japan?

I think this game has a lot of possibilities in Japan .First the PS2 and PSP prequels have met great success .To understand a bit the numbers we can take a look at the PSP version wich sold some 600K in Japan being besides both Monster Hunter the third best sold PSP game in Japan to date .

The PS3 version has great graphics and an online mode and it will appeall to the japanese .We must remember japanese just love golf .

Besides I heard something very interesting about this game .The online gaming is limited to 8 players (fair enough ) but more players can connect to the game and follow the competition and speak with others doing the same .This game has a lot of possibilities of creating a big community around it .

As for sales ....I think it will push the PS3 sales .When this game arrives others as Ninja Gaiden Sigma ,Innocent Life and Folklore will be out already so I count the PS3 base to be over one million .And this game will push some systems too .Having all in count I think 300K would be a good number .But I think this game will have a lot of legs .

Around the Network

yeahh one million its ok

Hot Shots Golf Course Vol. 1
Sony1 8,2968,296

Isnt this the same series?

XBOX LIVE Gamertag: QuantumTarntno

Crackdown - Enchanted Arms - Oblivion - Samurai Warriors 2 - GRAW - GRAW2 -Lost Planet - Guitar Hero 2 - Star Trek Legacy - Double Agent - WWE 2007

Wii 4237-4425-6442-7626

Mario Party 8 - Rayman Raving Rabbids - Excite Truck - Zelda: Twilight Princess - Godfather - Wii Play

I'm a big fan of the Hot Shots Series but man I have to say I'm actually really disappointed with how this game looks.

Sure the graphics look really nice, But the combo of Anime Golfers which try to look real and realistic levels looks God Awful and almost scary looking to me.

This game just feel off my want list for the PS3.

Currently playing:
Wii: MySims | Xbox360: Halo3 / Pac-Man C.E | DS: Scurge | PSP: Ghost in the Shell

"Lesbians, Better then eMail."
~Lanky Man - My Big Fat Independent Movie

Quantum-Tarantino said:
Hot Shots Golf Course Vol. 1
Sony1 8,2968,296

Isnt this the same series?

TRY THIS
 Publisher Japan America Others Total
 Everybodys Golf 3 Sony 1.39 0.94 0.29 2.62
 Everybodys Golf Sony 2.13 0.27 0.19 2.59
 Everybodys Golf 2 Sony 1.49 0.19 0.13 1.81
 Everybodys Golf 4 Sony 1.34 0.28 0.12 1.74
 Everybodys Golf Portable Sony 0.60 0.27 0.29 1.16
Totals (5 matches) 7.0 2.0 1.0 9.9

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

Around the Network
Diomedes1976 said:
I think this game has a lot of possibilities in Japan .First the PS2 and PSP prequels have met great success .To understand a bit the numbers we can take a look at the PSP version wich sold some 600K in Japan being besides both Monster Hunter the third best sold PSP game in Japan to date .

The PS3 version has great graphics and an online mode and it will appeall to the japanese .We must remember japanese just love golf .

Besides I heard something very interesting about this game .The online gaming is limited to 8 players (fair enough ) but more players can connect to the game and follow the competition and speak with others doing the same .This game has a lot of possibilities of creating a big community around it .

As for sales ....I think it will push the PS3 sales .When this game arrives others as Ninja Gaiden Sigma ,Innocent Life and Folklore will be out already so I count the PS3 base to be over one million .And this game will push some systems too .Having all in count I think 300K would be a good number .But I think this game will have a lot of legs .

Those were not prequels. That is a term for things made after, that take place before. Since those games were made before, they cannot be prequels. A correct term, althoug there may be others, is predecessor.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

The irony here is that it is titled "Everybody's Golf," yet actually playing it is priced beyond most people's reach.

This could be the most realistic golf sim yet, even including the country club attitude towards the intended audience.

Not a million seller.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

LordTheNightKnight said:
Diomedes1976 said:

Those were not prequels. That is a term for things made after, that take place before. Since those games were made before, they cannot be prequels. A correct term, althoug there may be others, is predecessor.

Oops ,my bad .Sorry ,I chose the wrong word !

Deguello said:
The irony here is that it is titled "Everybody's Golf," yet actually playing it is priced beyond most people's reach.

This could be the most realistic golf sim yet, even including the country club attitude towards the intended audience.

the irony is that all of a sudden you are an expert  of the japanese market... all the others are system sellers so why wouldnt this one be?? it has traditionally sold very well in japan and good in america.. so so everywhere else... i already know what youre gonna say... the ps3 hasnt even sold a mill in japan yet.. yea okay thats fine.. but given this games tradition of selling well why wouldnt this be any different..

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament