By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ubisoft launches Play Zone label

Ubisoft launches Play Zone label

Ubisoft has announced that it will launch a new Wii exclusive party-games range under the "Play Zone" label.

"With our new Play Zone party titles, the Wii gamers who like to spend time with friends and family will have fun with the Wii through innovative and involving mini-games," said Ubisoft's EMEA Marketing Director John Parkes.

"The Play Zone label will provide them with the best games to mingle and compete together in a fun and friendly atmosphere."

The first game released under the Play Zone label will be Sports Party - a collection of 9 sports mini-games that can be played head-to-head or cooperatively on three levels of difficulty. The game will be released on July 11.

Around the Network

Basically this means that Ubisoft is going to publish 15-20 shovelware titles a year under a "Play Zone" label.

What a wonderful name for a "Chuck-e-Cheeze" inspired play room for toddlers ...
Oh wait, it's Ubisoft who wants to treat all "Casual" gamers as toddlers ...

Holy crap! I will buy 3 copies just to help Ubisoft`s retarded games division.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

The pic hurts my eyes.

Around the Network

Anybody for Croquet?

What the hell is Ubisoft doing? The shitstorm from last Ubidays has hardly died down yet and they stir up the fire themselves by announcing more crap for the Wii?

The first thing that caught my eye was the screenshot.

Ubisoft, more like BOOBIEsoft, am I right guys?

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

I don't know... at least this looks like it could be a 'Mario Party'-calibre mini-game collection. And they DO have Red Steel 2 confirmed for E3.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Can people end the Ubisoft boycott now? They gave Wii it's own exclusive label!

PS3 and 360 owner get nothing.