By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ubisoft launches Play Zone label

They gave her okay boobs....I'm trying to be positive here...

Former something....

Around the Network

Unfortunately the gaming community is a very small segment of the market they're trying to reach (or of any games market, except for the niche genre's). And with the sales of the imagine line etc its going to continue no matter how much people get annoyed about it. Doesn't mean it doesn't suck though.

You should *all* be grateful for this.

Now people can spot any of these Ubisoft games from a distance - just look for "Play Zone", and you can avoid them all at once.

Nintendo has definitely succeeded in their aim: allow companies to make money from games with no development budget (and no fresh ideas).

Seriously though - been keeping up to date with these sales?

Deca Sporta: 353k (45k/week)
Carnival Games: 2m (35k/week)
Game Party: 900k (30k/week)
Mario Party 8: (well yeah... 5.5m + counting)
Rayman Rabbids II: 1.2m (20k/week)
Smarty Pants Wii: 600k

No shortage of money or sales there. We need the "family game party" genre to get saturated on the Wii - only THEN can the crappy games stop selling, and allow the quality ones to rise to the top.

Until saturation occurs, there will be more and more crap arriving...

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

shams said:
You should *all* be grateful for this.

Now people can spot any of these Ubisoft games from a distance - just look for "Play Zone", and you can avoid them all at once.

Nintendo has definitely succeeded in their aim: allow companies to make money from games with no development budget (and no fresh ideas).

Seriously though - been keeping up to date with these sales?

Deca Sporta: 353k (45k/week)
Carnival Games: 2m (35k/week)
Game Party: 900k (30k/week)
Mario Party 8: (well yeah... 5.5m + counting)
Rayman Rabbids II: 1.2m (20k/week)
Smarty Pants Wii: 600k

No shortage of money or sales there. We need the "family game party" genre to get saturated on the Wii - only THEN can the crappy games stop selling, and allow the quality ones to rise to the top.

Until saturation occurs, there will be more and more crap arriving...

I think we're already reaching that point - all of the games you listed are of particular high quality for their genre if you like.  Truth is Mario Party is Nintendo, Game Party and Carnival Games are budget priced, Smarty Pants is the only retail quiz game I know of and RRR made it's name at launch. 

The others are doing nothing and I may be wrong on this but Ubisofts Wii Imagine titles aren't setting the things alight with their sales. 

Honestly, I am thoroughly enjoying Ubisoft's announcements for the Wii. I haven't gotten this much comedy since I was watching Monty Python movies for the first time.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

... oh.... oh the humanity!!!!

Ubisoft seal of crapquality.

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D

someone in kotaku already saw a similar image before, and I confirmed it:

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/142/14224261/imgs_1.html

take a look at the boxart... same girl with pigtails

http://wii.ign.com/objects/142/14224261.html

looks like they're trying to sell it in Europe... a Destineer game. that's sad.

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

I basically said this was going to happen last year. With the success of Wii Sports, Wii Play, Carnival Games, Game Party, etc, expect a lot more of this kind of support.

salaminizer said:

someone in kotaku already saw a similar image before, and I confirmed it:

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/142/14224261/imgs_1.html

take a look at the boxart... same girl with pigtails

http://wii.ign.com/objects/142/14224261.html

looks like they're trying to sell it in Europe... a Destineer game. that's sad.

That makes it even worse. They're going through all this trouble for a game that's not original and already bombed critically and commercially elsewhere.

I guess when their crap casual titles bombed, the next step was to publish someone else's crap casual titles.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"