By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Secret Weapon for PS3 @ E3 Braveheart on Bluray!

Soriku said:
makingmusic476 said:
Lord of the Rings Extended Editions!

I'd die if those were announced. Of course, they would do absolutely nothing for sales.

Watching 6 hour long movies = DO NOT WANT.

All 'book to movie' movies should be about 6 hours long. LotR Extended Edition is much better than the normal LotR. If the Harry Potter movies were 6 hours long, they might have a chance at not sucking.

Around the Network
tombi123 said:
Soriku said:
makingmusic476 said:

I'd die if those were announced. Of course, they would do absolutely nothing for sales.

All 'book to movie' movies should be about 6 hours long. LotR Extended Edition is much better than the normal LotR. If the Harry Potter movies were 6 hours long, they might have a chance at not sucking.

The first two HP movies did their jobs well.  Why the shortest books are the longest movies of the series makes no sense to me.

Seriously, HP 4-7 are all almost twice as long as the each LotR novel, yet the movies are half as long.  They left out SO much.  Everyone I know who's seen the movies but hasn't read the books has no idea what the hell is going in any after 3.

Soriku said:
makingmusic476 said:
Soriku said:
makingmusic476 said:

They're only four hours long, and they are the best movies ever released. ;)

Isn't the 3rd one 6 hours? Like all the ending scenes are 3 hours lol?

The 3rd one is the longest of the bunch, but even the then the total runtime is only 4:10, and that's including the insanely long credits that list the name of every member of the LotR fan club, lol.

makingmusic476 said:
tombi123 said:
Soriku said:
makingmusic476 said:

The first two HP movies did their jobs well. Why the shortest books are the longest movies of the series makes no sense to me.

Seriously, HP 4-7 are all almost twice as long as the each LotR novel, yet the movies are half as long. They left out SO much. Everyone I know who's seen the movies but hasn't read the books has no idea what the hell is going in any after 3.

Because Harry Potter books are terrible adaptation of JKR's books? We are talking about a bunch of C- actors directed by D+ directors.

Don't get me wrong, I love Harry Potter books, I would go as far as call myself a fan, but the movies themselves are just an embarrassment.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
makingmusic476 said:
Soriku said:
makingmusic476 said:

They're only four hours long, and they are the best movies ever released. ;)

They are excellent movies, but best movies ever released?.... not by a long shot :-/

Around the Network

In reality -- GodofWine is closer to what work than MakingMusic476.
Of course, it would never happen.

A coupon for multiple movies would probably be more effective than either since people could pick their flick.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Brewsters Millions.

Seriously though... no movie. I don't watch any movie that much to warrant ownership. I perfer to watch many many different movies.

Now maybe a boxed set of Futurama or Sports Night or some other TV show.

One of my friends lost one of my discs of Sports Night. Awesome show. Way better then West Wing.

Soriku said:
makingmusic476 said:
tombi123 said:
Soriku said:
makingmusic476 said:

The first two HP movies did their jobs well.  Why the shortest books are the longest movies of the series makes no sense to me.

Seriously, HP 4-7 are all almost twice as long as the each LotR novel, yet the movies are half as long.  They left out SO much.  Everyone I know who's seen the movies but hasn't read the books has no idea what the hell is going in any after 3.

Umm...I'm not so sure about that. If you look at the font for LotR books, you can see it's small as hell. No joke lol. They're like 300+ pages still. But when you see the HP books, they appear big but then again the font is bigger. I'm not so sure they're really twice as long.

When you take into account font size, etc., I'd say they're about 1.5x as long.  Looking purely at page numbers, they're about twice as long.  Half-Blood Prince, the shortest HP book from 4-7, is about 650 pages, the Return of the King is about 327 pages.  The Order of the Pheonix, iirc, is around 900 pages long, while the Fellowship of the Ring is around 450 pages long.

Wow, I just realized the FotR is by far the longest of the LotR novels.

@mike: Well they had the five free Blu-Ray deal going on for the latter half of last year.

no movie will justify me purchasing one yet...not even a bluray nightmare before christmas

Don't lie.