By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Brawl predictions for Europe

800k, those who wanted it desperately got it with freeloader, even now that's blocked. how many will rebuy.

Don't forget that nintendo has a history of constraining the supply chain, it'll have legs, but not the huge first week sales people are expecting.

Around the Network

Let me post this again because it seems most folks are unaware of how games open in Europe:

SMG opened with 193k, Mario Kart Wii with 562k.

SSBB can't do anything above Mario Kart Wii, of that I'm sure.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

I know it will sell at least 1 copy for certain and that is to me. Above that 1 copy I don't really know. Don't think there is much hype for the game and it certainly isn't anything close to as casual as Mario Kart and Europe is casual land. Plus it doesn't have Mario in the title. So I expect it to sell much less than Mario Kart. About 250,000 1st week.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

i think between 300k and 400k first week (fri,sat,sun) although it could possibly be a lot higher thanks to nintendo's blue ocean i believe a lot of casuals (i hate that term although i use it for lack of anything better) will pick it up on impulse so maybe 500k +.

nintendo and sega fan since i was old enough to hold a game controller.

note: my games collection on my profile is only 20ish% complete, i've got a boatload of 360,saturn and dreamcast games to add and a few ps3 games, thanks :)

well i wouldn't say SSBM wasn't popular, it still was one of the most sold games for the gamecube in Europe. Don't forget that the cube has a lifetime installbase of like only 4.7 Mio in Europe, so 1.14 Mio is infact very good. Of course Mario Kart is way more popular here but im sure that the SSBB numbers will be bigger in the end than those from SSBM. I'm not expecting a spectacular opening week though, i think it will just have very strong and long legs.

Edit: Just look at the numbers from Mario Party, the best selling title before number 8 sold 0.58 Mio in Europe and that was the very first on the N64. It was going downhill from then on until the installment on Wii, which is now almost over 1.5 Mio and still selling, so you can't just jump in any conclusions because of previous numbers

Around the Network

Looking a bit more, I overestimated Brawl. My new prediction is 250K.

The first weeks will be like this:

650K total for first month, 250K first week.

Hardware - no boost at all

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

first week sales.

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

Im gonna with 1.2 million sw. and 225k hw first week.

i dont think this game is going to do that well. i mean mario kart wii only did like 562k and that was hyped like hell, it was being advertised on nearly every tv channel, you could not escape it, nearly evryone knew about the launch and that it was in shops. Nobody really cares about SSBB compared to Mario kart wii

300k.

NJ5 said:

Let me post this again because it seems most folks are unaware of how games open in Europe:

SMG opened with 193k, Mario Kart Wii with 562k.

SSBB can't do anything above Mario Kart Wii, of that I'm sure.

QFT!!! Take a look at this thread www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=20261 

Basically, lots of people convinced SSBB to beat Halo 3's first week sales. Then I try and convince them that it is pretty much impossible for that to happen, going off of SSBM sales. It didn't work though. 

ZenfoldorVGI also said that SSBB european launch will be bigger than SSBB NA launch good times...