By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FANBOYS!!!!!!!!

I'm not a fanboy at all. But I always liked Nintendo so I hope they will do fine now and in the future. But the console I have is the 360 and cause of that I support it hoping it will do well and get more games from Sony. I'm more of a Sony hateboy than a fanboy to the others =)

Around the Network

rocketpig said:

Rationalizing a $600 purchase on its ability to play games for a $130 console most people already own is pretty silly. 

So true.

rocketpig said:
dgm6780 said:

Rocketpig 

"Or you can buy a 360 and a PS2 for $530, and still have enough to pick up Gears of War for less than the cost of a PS3. Or you can just buy a 360 because you already own a PS2 (most gamers do).

Damn, there goes that argument."

uh i can just as easily say that most PS2 owners are buying a PS3 (most gamers do).  that is a baseless assertion.  

and my argument was that the PS3 can play more games then the Xbox 360.   Which is a fact, unlike that crap
you just posted. 

oh and dont forget your wireless internet adapter and  3 years of XBL fee, which would bring your little total to $780.  Just counting the total of a gimped Xbox vs the total for a

fully loaded PS3 is stupid.  I notice you didnt try to top the PS2 games that I can play on my PS3 but apparently you are going to buy both a PS2 and Xbox 360 so you

failed to see my point. 

My point, oh obtuse one, was that most gamers already have a PS2. After all, the thing did sell 120m+ worldwide.

Rationalizing a $600 purchase on its ability to play games for a $130 console most people already own is pretty silly. 

Ok lets say you own a PS2 and 12 games.  And you decided tomorrow is the day you are going to go next gen.  You dont factor in that the PS3 can play those games too?    You can now sell your PS2 on ebay for nearly $100 , especially if you got extra PS2 controllers to go with it.  Sony should be pushing 

deals like this in the stores big time,  $100 trade in vale towards PS3 for PS2 +2 controllers.  not sure how/if sony could turn that hardware into $ or if that would be on the store or what.  But that seems like an option 

to a straight up price cut.  i dunno - got off on a tangent there 

rocketpig said:

And rationalizing a $250 purchase to play old gen games that most already played but this time with waggle in not silly ?

Blue3 said:
rocketpig said:

And rationalizing a $250 purchase to play old gen games that most already played but this time with waggle in not silly ?

Thats the thing though. With a Wii, you don't have to rationalize the purchase, because it actually has good games, and it was only $250.

Around the Network
Blue3 said:
rocketpig said:

K...you posted at "6:26" poking needlessly at the Wii, and Stof warned you for trolling.
You now post this, which is just blatant trolling again.  Must all your posts include the words "old gen", "waggle" and "silly"?

This is an official warning, since I assume you didn't read Stof's.  Stop trolling, or I will ban you.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

That's not to say all you other guys need to continue bashing the PS3 either.

We all know the PS3 is $600. No need to constantly flaunt that in others' faces as well.  Rocketpig.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

dgm6780 said:

Ok lets say you own a PS2 and 12 games.  And you decided tomorrow is the day you are going to go next gen.  You dont factor in that the PS3 can play those games too?    You can now sell your PS2 on ebay for nearly $100 , especially if you got extra PS2 controllers to go with it.  Sony should be pushing 

deals like this in the stores big time,  $100 trade in vale towards PS3 for PS2 +2 controllers.  not sure how/if sony could turn that hardware into $ or if that would be on the store or what.  But that seems like an option 

to a straight up price cut.  i dunno - got off on a tangent there 

That's actually a pretty good idea, though I'm not sure how Sony would be able to implement it efficiently.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

well, i got my ps3 by trading in my ps2 and controllers and a memory card for 100 bucks, i got about 70 more bucks for around 15 games, so thats 170 off of the ps3s price. It doesn't look so expensive after all when u consider it has blu ray, wireless internet, memory / sd card slots, no power brick, a few good exclusive games (with more coming). If you bought another console some of the things like wireless internet and an hd-dvd drive you would have to buy as an add on so it would be as expensive as the ps3.

I'd buy all 3 consoles if I played games enough to warrant it.  I can barely keep up with the console I have now and plus I have a PC and sometimes like to play PC games as well.