By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New InFamous Screens!

Garcian Smith said:
Lots of bloom and normal mapping. Lots of shades of brown.

Been there. Done that. Yawn.

get outta the thread troll, OT: screenshots look cool

Around the Network
Gobias said:
You have some personal vendetta against this game Garcian?

It's a PS3 exclusive.

Garcian Smith said:
Aj_habfan said:
Looks like a dark GTA to me. Why so much confidence in it? What makes it so special?

This is the Internet. People on the Internet are obviously psychic, so that when they see a few screenshots, they immediately know exactly what the gameplay is going to be like.

Or maybe it's because of what we know of the game?  It's a sandbox style game featuring a protagonist who can control lightning.  Not much to go on.  But if it turns out anything like Crackdown, except with interesting missions and with more offensive super powers, then the game should be awesome.  Not to mention other decent titles like Hulk: Ultimate Destruction which was a decent amount of fun.

Sure beats being like starcraft who has already proclaimed Fable 2 RPG GOTY, and Star Ocean 4 as one of the best JRPG of this generation.

tombi123 said:
Gobias said:
You have some personal vendetta against this game Garcian?

It's a PS3 exclusive.

And Sony is making him which mean there is no chance of coming it to Xbox360 ever.

So he has lightning abilities? Kinda cool. Anything else known about it?

Around the Network

I don't know what to make of this, sandbox games kinda lost their zest for me after GTA's spectacular failure at engaging me or even making me smile...

have those pics been touched up.
If not then this game looks really good

naznatips said:
Garcian Smith said:
Lots of bloom and normal mapping. Lots of shades of brown.

Been there. Done that. Yawn.

If you have nothing at all to add to the thread, please don't post.

Serious question, not meant as a troll: Why does expressing disappointment, skepticism, and/or a general state of being unimpressed constitute "not adding to the thread," while the various "looks amazing, can't wait!" posts are given a free pass? Are all of the various "new screenshots for X game out!" threads meant to be love-fests only?

@ tombi123: I have nothing against PS3 exclusives, but I do dislike this new trend of, "make everything look like it's coated in a sheet of glossy mud" in HD games.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Garcian Smith does have a point but, he hasn't done much contribution to the tread by attacking other people's opinions.

As far as those screenshots go, the final game will be even better and plus, most games that I have played that ran in HD ( 720p-1080p range) were not so heavy on the "Glossy Mud".  Granted, I've only played one game running in true 1080p......

Like I posted in an earlier inFamous thread, this game looks like Assassin's Creed control scheme ( one of the strengths of that game) with lightning powers. @ Mummelmann  : One reason you probably thought GTA IV was a let down was because of the enemies in the game.  It's just the same s*** over again from the previous GTAs, while in inFamous, they are going with more interesting and challenging enemies.  ( one of the first mini-bosses in the game teleports short distances while throwing concussive blasts in your direction.)

Check us out at the Vindication Gamer Network on Youtube. 

Why I am hyped about this game?

1. It's being made by Sucker Punch, and I really liked their Sly Cooper series from last gen.
  2. It's combining the free roam experience of GTA with the platforming of Sly Cooper, plus they are throwing in awesome lightning powers.
  3. With the power of electricity comes other positives and negatives.  For instance, the main character cannot use a gun, as the electricity flowing through his body would cause the bullets to explode.
  4. You have the choice to use your powers for good or for evil; the choice to become famous or infamous.
  5. Other reasons that are hard to describe in one sentence. :P

To all those that are bashing the game with little reasoning, try doing some research on what the game is actually about rather than basing your opinion on nothing but screenshots.  You can start by reading through these scans from the latest GameInformer.  The cover story this month was inFamous.