By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you think R* should make a Wii version of GTAIV?

Until GTA hits the Wii it hasn't been played on the console it was truly designed for.

Rockstar have not made the game the way it was meant to be played until they release a Wii version.

With the Wii-mote used as a stearing wheel for driving and perfect for all types of weapons GTA players are missing out on so much more depth.

As for GTA not suitable for Nintendo consoles, I don't think the mass general public would think anything like that of the Wii and GTA is now no worse for violence and other 'adult' contect than many other games out there on all consoles.

When the series was first released it was a 'media jumping on the bandwagon oh my god this is terrible game' but now its just an everyday bog standard game that is here today and gone tomorrow.

Around the Network
trestres said:
@Montana: I did have a point, look at all the trolls that came all of a sudden. Even permabanned members with alt accounts, viral marketers and first time posters.

I didn't just say that because I wanted to, but because it's obvious that Wii haters are around everywhere. Someone can only hate the Wii because he's jealous or insecure about his console.

And you are the guy who calls other people trolls? Omg. You can't say that the only reason someone could hate the wii that he is jealous or something. Wii is cheap, anyone can buy it. No need to be jealous.

And for the topic:

No, they should not make a wii version of GTA IV. Would not be worth the effort. In my opinion, wii is not powerful enough to run a port. They would have to make a new game and there is no way to tell that it would sell enough to be profitable. In fact, I am pretty sure that they would lose a lot of money.

But, if R* bought a license to use nintendo-characters and made this game cartoony, with elements from mario kart,galaxy&brawl. Imagine: Grand Theft Broz! Mario(or Luigi) racing on a go-cart, stomping mushrooms and a brawl-style bossfight with bowser! Guaranteed million seller. :)

Kurakasa said:
trestres said:
@Montana: I did have a point, look at all the trolls that came all of a sudden. Even permabanned members with alt accounts, viral marketers and first time posters.

I didn't just say that because I wanted to, but because it's obvious that Wii haters are around everywhere. Someone can only hate the Wii because he's jealous or insecure about his console.

And you are the guy who calls other people trolls? Omg. You can't say that the only reason someone could hate the wii that he is jealous or something. Wii is cheap, anyone can buy it. No need to be jealous.

And for the topic:

No, they should not make a wii version of GTA IV. Would not be worth the effort. In my opinion, wii is not powerful enough to run a port. They would have to make a new game and there is no way to tell that it would sell enough to be profitable. In fact, I am pretty sure that they would lose a lot of money.

But, if R* bought a license to use nintendo-characters and made this game cartoony, with elements from mario kart,galaxy&brawl. Imagine: Grand Theft Broz! Mario(or Luigi) racing on a go-cart, stomping mushrooms and a brawl-style bossfight with bowser! Guaranteed million seller. :)

Awesome post!

They will know Helgan belongs to Helghasts

What would be the point? 95% of people that would be interested would have already bought it on PS360. Would not sell very well due to being a dumbed down version and releasing ages after the PS360 version. All it would achieve would be to give Wii haters the ammunition to say 3rd party and mature games don't sell on Wii.

If they made a completely unique GTA game for Wii it would do well though but that would never happen.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

No. They should not. It would not be worth the money or the trouble. They should make GTA V for the next Nintendo console though. That would be guaranteed to sell a lot, now wouldn't it?

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

Quite simply GTA4 will not be on the Wii just like pretty much every next gen HD title is not on the Wii.  That's because the Wii is not an HD console. The Wii has more in common with the PS2, Xbox and Gamecube then the 360 and PS3. Yes the Wii is more powerful then the last gen consoles, but it isn't anywhere near the PS3 and 360. This does not mean they can't make any fun games for the Wii, they just can't port HD games or make games similar to the HD games.

Bully and most other ports to Wii tend to be PS2 ports since they are similar (manhunt also, Wii and PS2) Basically devs have to either make it Wii/PS2 or 360/PS3/PC due to the vastly different capacities. Wii games look a lot like gamecube games in all cases and nothing like PS3 games because the Wii took a different path. The Wii took the path of being a cheap console that plays significantly simpler games that don't require the kind of computing power a GTA4 or MGS4 require. Having that wide open world with quality graphics and no load times in GTA4 doesn't come cheap in terms of GPU and processor power. MGS4 is even more intensive and would be very hard to port even to the 360 (most of the time when they do 360 to PS3 comparisons that aren't in the PS3s favor by much its because games deved for both have to be reduced to be 360 friendly). If some high end PS3 games are more or less unportable to the 360 then obviously games for teh 360 and PS3 can in no way be ported to the Wii without a ground up redesign that makes GTA4 into something resembling GTA3:SA.

Also what's the point? I disagree that the Wii is ONLY for little kids, but the vast majority of Wii owners are either A)very casual and probably little kids or B) older and own the Wii plus either the 360 or the PS3 (or both). Most customers for games like GTA4 have one of the HD consoles, so why spend a bunch of money making a dumbed down version for the Wii? I guess the idea could make more sense if they port it to the PS2 as well (since the Wii and PS2 have similar requirements) but really it would just be the GTA4 story put into the body of the GTA3 engine.  They'd be better off porting more Teen or Everyone games that might actually make money on the Wii (maybe Carnival Games 2 or Immagine:manhunt)

In closing if you want high quality HD games, get an HD console. Otherwise be happy with the Gamecube quality rehashes with a different controller.

PSN ID: ChosenOne feel free to add me

Stever89 said:
Ssyn said:
GTA will never go on the Wii; it goes against one of its selling points (Children friendly gaming). GTA is everything that is an over protiective mother's worst nightmare: Violence, Sex, Drugs and Crime. Even if they wanted to water down the game for a Wii version Nintendo would have a hard decision on their hands.

Yeah, that's why No More Heroes wasn't released on the Wii, why Nintendo didn't show Red Steel during E3 06, why Godfather Wii Edition wasn't allowed to have a control feature where you'd choke someone by literally micking that action with the Wiimote and nunchuck, and probably why they aren't making Disaster: Day of Crisis. Those violent, non children friendly games are definitely not what Nintendo wants. Oh wait.

But to expand on what I said, it's more that GTA4 wasn't made for the Wii, so porting it wouldn't work. They need to design the game to cater to what the Wii does best, and that's it's controls. Godfather Wii almost seemed to be made for Wii controls. GTA4 may not have these types of game elements that would work so well on the Wii, for instance, choking someone buy shaking the controllers in front of you like you were literally strangling someone. I would say if they were to make a GTA game, they should make a semi-spin off type of game. Since the stories of the series aren't completely tied together (though some characters appear in later games), you could do a side story pretty easily.

Simply porting GTA4 to the Wii? No.

Building a GTA game from the ground up for the Wii, to utilitize the controls to their max, yes. That would work.

I do not know what you or everyone else is talking about, but they are trying to get more adult games on the Wii. They asked take two and rockstar to put there games on the Wii IE GTA4. Well they just laughed at them and said no.Other games like project hammer and Disaster: Day of Crisis idk why they are delaying them or not making them. I can asure you and everyone that they are trying to get more grownup games, but no one wants to make them at all for the Wii. If they made them I can asure you all they would be on there!!!!

^^ ^^

I am sick of people saying that the Wii has Gamecube quality games. It simply isn't true. It's like saying that the XBox 360 has XBox quality games. Also "mature" games do sell on the Wii. Look at the Resident Evil games. They sell better on Nintendo than anywhere else. I agree that they shouldn't remake a high def game to put it on the Wii but not because it won't sell or that the Wii is Gamecube quality. I do understand that the graphics on the Wii are not as powerful as the other two systems, but saying that it has similar capabilities to the Gamecube is insulting and incorrect.

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

My post was @ Impulsivity and not pimpcoop.

Impulsivity said:

Quite simply GTA4 will not be on the Wii just like pretty much every next gen HD title is not on the Wii.  That's because the Wii is not an HD console. The Wii has more in common with the PS2, Xbox and Gamecube then the 360 and PS3. Yes the Wii is more powerful then the last gen consoles, but it isn't anywhere near the PS3 and 360. This does not mean they can't make any fun games for the Wii, they just can't port HD games or make games similar to the HD games.

Bully and most other ports to Wii tend to be PS2 ports since they are similar (manhunt also, Wii and PS2) Basically devs have to either make it Wii/PS2 or 360/PS3/PC due to the vastly different capacities. Wii games look a lot like gamecube games in all cases and nothing like PS3 games because the Wii took a different path. The Wii took the path of being a cheap console that plays significantly simpler games that don't require the kind of computing power a GTA4 or MGS4 require. Having that wide open world with quality graphics and no load times in GTA4 doesn't come cheap in terms of GPU and processor power. MGS4 is even more intensive and would be very hard to port even to the 360 (most of the time when they do 360 to PS3 comparisons that aren't in the PS3s favor by much its because games deved for both have to be reduced to be 360 friendly). If some high end PS3 games are more or less unportable to the 360 then obviously games for teh 360 and PS3 can in no way be ported to the Wii without a ground up redesign that makes GTA4 into something resembling GTA3:SA.

Also what's the point? I disagree that the Wii is ONLY for little kids, but the vast majority of Wii owners are either A)very casual and probably little kids or B) older and own the Wii plus either the 360 or the PS3 (or both). Most customers for games like GTA4 have one of the HD consoles, so why spend a bunch of money making a dumbed down version for the Wii? I guess the idea could make more sense if they port it to the PS2 as well (since the Wii and PS2 have similar requirements) but really it would just be the GTA4 story put into the body of the GTA3 engine.  They'd be better off porting more Teen or Everyone games that might actually make money on the Wii (maybe Carnival Games 2 or Immagine:manhunt)

In closing if you want high quality HD games, get an HD console. Otherwise be happy with the Gamecube quality rehashes with a different controller.

Wow!!! I didn't read the whole of your post and given the length I thought you would be making alot of sense.  But my eye caught your last sentence.  Don't even know how to say what I think of it without getting bad so I think I will just say nothing.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down