By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you think R* should make a Wii version of GTAIV?

steven787 said:
GTAIV-story-expansion of a ported GTAIII engine would be nice.

I agree with everything except that. It should be a new engine built for the wii.

Around the Network
trestres said:
@Montana: I did have a point, look at all the trolls that came all of a sudden. Even permabanned members with alt accounts, viral marketers and first time posters.

I didn't just say that because I wanted to, but because it's obvious that Wii haters are around everywhere. Someone can only hate the Wii because he's jealous or insecure about his console.

Haters for every console are everywhere. Just look at how many Nintendo fans tried to put down Metal Gear Solid 4. The Wii isn't being victimized.

trestres said:
@Montana: I did have a point, look at all the trolls that came all of a sudden. Even permabanned members with alt accounts, viral marketers and first time posters.

I didn't just say that because I wanted to, but because it's obvious that Wii haters are around everywhere. Someone can only hate the Wii because he's jealous or insecure about his console.

I doubt anyone is jealous of the wii or insecure.You,I'm not so sure about,since you feel the need to strongly defend your console of choice.

It would cost them considerable amounts of money, besides the wii=XBOX interms of raw power, you wouldnt be seeing anything pretty visually, that was the only good thing in GTA 4, and even that stunk.

mM

it won't go to the Wii, but if GTA IV was on the Wii it could have been much more fun than it is....

also, that's why the "perfect" game GTA IV will never reach the semi-perfect GTA: San Andreas.......

Wii console: 0595 8808 5698 2709
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 1161 1357 5188

Mario Kart Wii: 1633 4506 4319

PES 2008: 1633 5820 0347

DragonBall Z BT 3: 3823 9760 9484

Pokemon Battle Revolution: 3480 2645 9186
Feel free to add me, and sent me a pm with your Friend Code!!

Around the Network

Seriously folks, give me a compliation of GTAIII games (VC, SA, III) and add Godfather like controls to it on the Wii (graphic upgrade would be appreciated) and I would definately buy it and waste many happy hours.

I'm sure so would a lot of other people. Considering the relatively minor cost to TakeTwo to do that it'd be insane not to as they'd make immense profit off it.

Port? No. Would take as much work to strip it down as it would to create a Wii-centric GTA game which would be preferential anyway.

Use the Godfather a s control blueprint and go from there.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

leo-j said:
It would cost them considerable amounts of money, besides the wii=XBOX interms of raw power, you wouldnt be seeing anything pretty visually, that was the only good thing in GTA 4, and even that stunk.

Correct, in terms of raw power, but in terms of overall power used the wii is significantly more powerful than the xbox. THe xbox was also significantly more powerful than the ps2, so you won't see the advance that GTAIV made, but you will see a major advantage in physics, ai, and graphical detail.  Anyway, what does the visuals have to do with the game going to the wii? And yes I do agree it will cost alot. That is why I would prefer a ground up gta game for the wii.

Everytime trestres calls someone else a troll I burst out laughing because no one tries to instigate crap with PS3/360 fans more than him...

@I Predict

I agree with you that it may be early but the current sales of the PS3/360 don't seem that great and the mere momentum just doesn't seem to be there. The fact that GTAIV didn't boost hardware in NA should be already sending out the alarm bells since the consoles were not exactly selling that hot before GTA. So they were not selling hot before GTA and they are not selling hot after GTA so that to me send alarm bells.

It's possible that GTA may just carry on selling as people buy consoles but highly unlikely.

@Montana - Table Tennis for the Wii was released over a year after the 360 version, giving the 360 a good amount of time to sell units (since it launched to only 45k in America). Also the 360 version has Others data, whereas the Wii does not. Just pointing that out. Bully really hasn't done that bad.

But I agree with you Montana, I don't think Wii owners want a ported GTA4 game. It just wouldn't turn out good.

I think some of the problems earlier sandbox type games faced was that they weren't advertised very well, and weren't games that would sell all that well either way. Godfather and Scarface are the only two sandbox games I know of that are on the Wii (and No More Heroes is a wanna-be sandbox game), and neither of them were advertised. Also, the userbase wasn't really there. I would think a good sandbox game similar to GTA and Godfather, that has even half the hype that GTA4 did, would sell well enough to more than warrant the cost to make it.

Red Steel sold well simply because many people saw the demo (or well that guy playing it) at E3 06 (iirc). Seeing him block and attack using the wiimote caused enough "hype" to drive the game to over a million. Not really having any competition helped, but the first sandbox game to be a good game and advertise enough wouldn't really have any competition either. That's what I keep saying. If the big companies don't make Wii games that are similar to the HD console games, like GTA4, GT5, FF13, eventually some unknown developer is going to do it (or Nintendo will), they'll make a great game, that's comparable to the HD games, and advertises it CORRECTLY, and it'll sell well. The problem so far for 3rd parties is that they always fail to deliver in one of those two parts, they either make a bad game (take you're pick of games), or they fail to advertise it (NMH, Boom Blox). Unfortunately, bad games usually sell better when they're advertised, so the effect makes it look like bad games sell, so they just continue to make bad games. Those games have decent sales (usually 500k+, some like CarnivalGames, manages 2 million), but few manage Nintendo level sales. The difference is that Nintendo makes a good game, then advertises it. They also have the advantage that their games appeal to a broad range of age groups. If a third party came out with a GTA4 wanna be today, and it turned out to be a great game, it'd probably still fail simply because the 3rd party wouldn't advertise it, and nobody besides the hardcore users would know about it. Then Nintendo could come out 3 months later with the same exact game, advertise it, and it would sell 5 million. The 3rd party would simply say "only nintendo games sell on nintendo's console" without realizing that advertising does really play a major part of sales for a game.

No idea where I was going with that. Just saying that whatever developer is smart enough to take advantage of the void of good games in some genre's (such as sandbox games and real-life racers, like a GT game), and makes a good game in one of those genre's, and then advertises it right, will stand to make a good amount of money.

But yeah, I might be interested in a GTA game for the Wii if it's done right. GTA isn't completely my thing, but if they do it right, I might be willing to give it a shot.