By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you think R* should make a Wii version of GTAIV?

Viper: Just because the truth gets you upset doesn't mean I'm trolling.

"Did we see Bully, Godfather, Scareface, FarCry, Driver, Manhunt, etc...on GC? No we didn't but we have on Wii"

You just made the case for excessive last gen ports on Wii.

"Nintendo never asked for GTAIV to be on Wii? Reggie stated if Rockstar was willing to put a GTA title on Wii, they'd approve it."

Nintendo made comments saying they disapproved of the GTA franchise during the Gamecube era so it Can be difficult to Google. Have they changed their stance since that time ? There's a good chance. Does that change the fact that a game even closely resembling GTA4 could never run on a Wii? No.

You can't blame Sony for keeping GTA4 off of Wii because it's on 360/PC. So who can you blame? Most likely Nintendo. They can't afford it? What would it cost? .ooooo1% of the money they made on Brawl?

I've stood by Nintendo for a long time. Even when they took the blood out of mortal combat. Even when N64 lost FF7, even when I knew I would never see GTA on Gamecube. You can't understand why someone like me refuses to pay for a system where 75% of the Games that interest me are games I already paid for decades ago?

Around the Network
Leetgeek said:
Viper: Just because the truth gets you upset doesn't mean I'm trolling.

"Did we see Bully, Godfather, Scareface, FarCry, Driver, Manhunt, etc...on GC? No we didn't but we have on Wii"

You just made the case for excessive last gen ports on Wii.

"Nintendo never asked for GTAIV to be on Wii? Reggie stated if Rockstar was willing to put a GTA title on Wii, they'd approve it."

Nintendo made comments saying they disapproved of the GTA franchise during the Gamecube era so it Can be difficult to Google. Have they changed their stance since that time ? There's a good chance. Does that change the fact that a game even closely resembling GTA4 could never run on a Wii? No.

You can't blame Sony for keeping GTA4 off of Wii because it's on 360/PC. So who can you blame? Most likely Nintendo. They can't afford it? What would it cost? .ooooo1% of the money they made on Brawl?

I've stood by Nintendo for a long time. Even when they took the blood out of mortal combat. Even when N64 lost FF7, even when I knew I would never see GTA on Gamecube. You can't understand why someone like me refuses to pay for a system where 75% of the Games that interest me are games I already paid for decades ago?

*sigh*

Reggie was interview by a TV station where he stated they had asked Take Two Interactive about putting GTA on Wii.  At that point it was was too late in the development cycle to begin working on a Wii version and funding for the game had already been allocated anyway.

It's also been stated many times already, by myself included, that a GTAIV port is not feasible but a GTA game for the Wii can easily be created.

Your last two paragraphs make very little sense. 

@Ail, the sex in GTA: SA is hardly the only thing controversial regarding the title and therefore isn't exclusively relevant to the issue.  Bully has homosexuality from the protagonist and Manhunt 2 allows players to physically emulate gruesome acts of murder and violence.   Your points don't have a line between them.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Ail said:
Viper1 said:
Manhunt 2 and Bully say, "Hello!"

Cut the family friendly only crap. It's not 1993 anymore.

Where is the sex in Manhunt 2 or Bully ?

What are the Wii games with currently sex elements in them ?

So you need sex now to be more mature?  Being hunted down by people/pig monster thingy and brutely murdered is fine for the children.

GTA IV is doing fine on the PS360. 9.2 million sold after six weeks is an accomplishment. 15 million by years end is feasable, and is in line with previous titles.

MontanaHatchet said:

Actually, a very small percentage of PS2/Xbox owners bought GTA4 for their system. I'd say that a good amount of the people who bought any of the GTA games on the PS2 have moved on to the PS3 or 360, possibly owning a Wii on the side. While there are mature games on the Wii, not all of them sell well. The Resident Evil games have sold well, but they've pretty much always sold well on Nintendo platforms.

Rockstar/Take Two make hundreds of millions of dollars on Grand Theft Auto 4, and they know just what will sell where.

Actually i'd argue a lot of GTA owners also just own a wii.

A LOT also still don't have a next gen system.  GTA was as casual a game as you could get.  It's the one game every "non gamer" i knew owned last gen.

Still I think Rockstar would be better suited with DLC... or if they really want, making a different GTA side game for Wii.

I mean a side game has a better chance of selling then a times exclusive of a game that would likely get way less 10's do to the hype wearing off.

Around the Network

Mods please check last page, if those people weren't trolling, what were they doing?

Most of them are new accounts or known one linear trolls. I knew this thread will bring out some Wii haters, but this has exceeded my expectations really.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

From a business standpoint it makes perfect sense however how would Rockstar deliver the same ( or even a similar ) GTA experience , I imagined it would be heavily heavily gimped .

I don't think they should.