By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New PS3 commercial

This is a great ad.Short,concise and to the point.

Around the Network

I liked it. A motivational speech with in-game footage of three of the PS3's biggest titles.

I like the way Sony really aren't afraid to try something new when it comes to advertising. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, but it's certainly a hell of a lot more interesting then anything the competition are doing.

not the best but ok they should airr the universe of entertainment ads again with lbp and r2

End of 2008 Sales:

Wii- 39 Million 360- 25Million PS3- 22 Million

PSN: papasmurf5721

At first it didn't fit to me. I just found out who made the speech, why, the situation and outcome and it seemed fitting afterwards.

FINALLY!!! A great and indeed funny commercial, which every viewer can understand, about time Sony... Great summary of the running / upcoming exclusives, but with more "human" action in it, might do more tricks.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Around the Network
iron_megalith said:
GodofWine said:
Blood_Tears said:
iron_megalith said:
rudyrsr8 said:
Wow I thought that was kinda a stupid commercial...

What? I though it was a fitting way to describe the PS3.

Specially this part..

"We few, we happy few" (I don't know about happy, but they are few)

Yeah cause 13.5 M is only a few....

Yes, that observation by xbox fans is so so very flawed.

Well you got a point, but considering they are third place atm it kinda hooks to it.

I hope that's not directed at me. I'll tell you know, you'll just be disappointed. :)

No, it wasn't, and I have no idea why I'd be dissapointed??  T'was a general comment and nothing more, I harbor no ill will towards other consoles, and find the console war fanatics to be truly strange birds, especially when all 3 are secure for this round.

13.5 million and growing.

PSN: TheGodofWine (Warhawk / R2 / MotorStorm PR)

AND

PSN: Skigazzi (for KZ2 and future games)

GodofWine said:
iron_megalith said:
GodofWine said:
Blood_Tears said:
iron_megalith said:
rudyrsr8 said:
Wow I thought that was kinda a stupid commercial...

What? I though it was a fitting way to describe the PS3.

Specially this part..

"We few, we happy few" (I don't know about happy, but they are few)

Yeah cause 13.5 M is only a few....

Yes, that observation by xbox fans is so so very flawed.

Well you got a point, but considering they are third place atm it kinda hooks to it.

I hope that's not directed at me. I'll tell you know, you'll just be disappointed. :)

No, it wasn't, and I have no idea why I'd be dissapointed??  T'was a general comment and nothing more, I harbor no ill will towards other consoles, and find the console war fanatics to be truly strange birds, especially when all 3 are secure for this round.

13.5 million and growing.

Sure thing buddy. If you still don't get it, you'll get it soon enough. ;)

Yea, that new TV spot is a little weird (in the sound department).

I also overheard an official MGS4 trailer airing on TV while I was playing TF2 earlier.

I see this commercial all the time, look like 360 sales are falling down, where the xbox 360 commercials at

Eh, i liked it. Specifically the voiceover quoting Shakespeare King Henry V (that quote inspired the name for the HBO miniseries Band of Brothers) though i think they should have had someone else do the voiceover (like say Gerard Butler from 300 fame)

That Was Left-Handed

Xbox Live: Spire VII

Playstation 3 Network: Spire_VII