By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can anybody explain the PS3/Xbox360 owners logic to me?

Like I said I do not consider the PS3/360 and the Wii to be in the same fight. I don't think either one lost a considerable amount of potential customers. Like my brother, he got a Wii to enjoy a different type of gameplay, while he's also still enjoying his PS2, but in time (read: when he can afford it) he will be getting a PS3. EDIT: Also, if you think about it, you know that there are some people that went out, got a Wii, and enjoy them regularly, that would have NEVER bought any other VG console... We call this a new market, and it is not the same market or the same dollars, euros, whatever, that the PS3 and 360 are competing for.

Around the Network

vizunary said:

Like my brother, he got a Wii to enjoy a different type of gameplay, while he's also still enjoying his PS2, but in time (read: when he can afford it) he will be getting a PS3.

Why would he suddenly go from the cheap low power console with useful features to the extremely expensive high powerhouse machine with features most people don't want? The PS3 isn't an "upgrade" or a logical continuation of the PS2, it's a totally different kind of machine that went in a totally different direction. That's why it's doing so bad. 

I think that the PS3 and the 360 are after one market and the wii are after another, the wii is kinda in the same league as the last gens system, wii, PS2, xbox and the gamecube. Xbox will be the next one out the gate again, they will let the 360 die and the PS3 will pass it in sales, taking a nice number 1 spot, the wii will only win if it beats the PS2. Plus most people will have 360 and a wii, or PS3 and a wii.

If Sony and 360 fans had to actually consider the Wii a competitor it would be a pretty big blow to their egos to admit defeat to an underpowered tiny machine.

Um ... in what world is the Wii not competing with other consoles?

So I guess the Xbox and the Gamecube weren't really competing with the PS2, just trying to beat each other for 2nd place?

The Wii is doing this gen what the PS2 did last gen ... expand the market. Not only that, it's proving again what the PS2 proved last gen ... that horsepower doesn't win the console race.

Around the Network
Parokki said:

vizunary said:

Like my brother, he got a Wii to enjoy a different type of gameplay, while he's also still enjoying his PS2, but in time (read: when he can afford it) he will be getting a PS3.

Why would he suddenly go from the cheap low power console with useful features to the extremely expensive high powerhouse machine with features most people don't want? The PS3 isn't an "upgrade" or a logical continuation of the PS2, it's a totally different kind of machine that went in a totally different direction. That's why it's doing so bad. 

I think Sony, should have pulled a Nintendo and created a killer laucnh of their own creation, instead of hyping the blur ray. Honestly I didnt buy mine so I could say blue ray. They should have put more investing to a stellar line up of games, then....say Btw, buy Blue ray DVd for your machine!!!

Still havent watched a dvd on it yet,

Parokki said:

vizunary said:

more like why did he buy a weak console like that wii if he already had a PS2, it pretty much the same thing same old technology.

Celb said:
Parokki said:

vizunary said:

more like why did he buy a weak console like that wii if he already had a PS2, it pretty much the same thing same old technology.

oh brother.  Yeah, I shouldn't buy a Wii, a system with many cool new features, much better graphics than a PS2, future support, motion controls, etc, because the PS2 is pretty much the same thing.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I can actually see where the people saying the Wii and the other two arent entirely competing. While they are competing for the video game market they arent directly competing. The X360/PS3 are aimed at the hardcore market while the Wii is aimed at the casual market, however they ARE competing for the market in between which is perhaps the biggest slice of the pie.

Edit: @Celb. Yes because the most innovative console this gen is so last gen.

Celb said:
Parokki said:

vizunary said:

Glad to see you're still trolling around.