By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Eurogamer gives MGO 7/10

Euphoria14 said:

Did they score TF2, Ep2 and Portal each seperate or did they score all 3 together as 1 score for OrangeBox?

If they did score all 3 seperate, forgive me for my ignorance. :)

IGN did both. Probably because on the PC you buy them separately online. But like I said, I wouldn't be surprised if Konami tries to branch out MGO into a separate game, it seems already set-up with that in mind.

Around the Network

Wow.

That review was so horrible.

They spent the whole review finding every negative they could in the gameplay and sensationalizing it to the nth degree.

If you read their review, and had no idea what MGO was, you'd think that the mode was absolutely horrible.

Even most negative reviews have some positive in there, but I failed to see any positivity in that review.

@Brainbox,

Yea, I'm pretty sure MGO was going to be seperate from MGS4 from the start, but they ended up including it anyway. Also, they've set it up for micro transactions and DLC.

I thought MGO was going to get a separate release somewhere down the line.

Anyways the gameplay is completely average, and the interface isn't great either, so I'd say a 7/10 is completely justified.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Okay so I've mainly played the main game and not the MGO (only registered, that's about it) but reading that review (or skimming through it anyway), I wonder.

Why did they review it separately? I didn't buy it separately? Did they review Halo 3 campaign and online separately (nope)?

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

That sounds about right based on my time with it during the beta (unless they made some serious changes, which I don't think they did). Maybe the points differ but I doubt this game deserves more than a 8.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

ameratsu said:

That sounds about right based on my time with it during the beta (unless they made some serious changes, which I don't think they did). Maybe the points differ but I doubt this game deserves more than a 8.

Yea, they really didn't do much else and the same problems in the beta are still there.

Wow, whenever a game gets a low score, the review site is the worst thing that could happen to humanity.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

MGO needs a sprint button (even a 2 second burst would be fine) and a "throw grenade without aiming it" button (damned getting shot in the neck while I try to select grenade then hold L1 to aim the 'arc' and then hit R2 to throw!!! ))

PSN: TheGodofWine (Warhawk / R2 / MotorStorm PR)

AND

PSN: Skigazzi (for KZ2 and future games)

Never played MGO and never intend to play it. Do not care.