By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Eurogamer gives MGO 7/10

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=153326

Let the hate commence!

Around the Network

I havent even played MGO yet, cause Im still playing my second time through the single player mode.

I did play the Beta and I enjoyed that. If people dont want to watch any cutscenes they should stick to MGO.

Should I really read a review article that starts with:

"What do you think? Ready to go for another 2000 Comments"???

Frankly, a website that's more keen on hits than journalistic intrigrety deserves no reading.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

So they basically used MGO to lower MGS4's score even lower...to a 7.5.

While MGO is part of MGS4 and can help the lasting appeal, I don't think MGO is that great. It was developed seperate from MGS4 I believe and Konami has been running it very poorly.

These are the problems I beleive it has.

Lag can be troublesome and gameplay feels weird (I can hardly kill people while others waste people, but these people could be the host so that could explain it), it doesn't look like it accomodates lots of people (each server can only hold like 1000 people I believe), and they're going to pound people with microtransactions (you get to make one character per console and if you want more, it'll cost you money. Heck, it doesn't even use PSN at all, you're forced to use their crappy KonamiID/GameID system which was a complete hell during the beta.

Around the Network

a 7, think it deserver a lot more like a 9

A joke IMHO....how can you score MGO as a separate entity...its part of the MGS4 and should be classed thus.

I haven't managed to play MGO yet, but MGS4 is brilliant and surely, it should be seen as an advantage that MGS4 comes with a fantastic single player campaign and a full fledged online separate.

But no, Eurogamer decide to class them differently....wheres IGN made the statement saying that MGO and MGS4 are one and the same game that you buy so should be rated as a whole....and thats how it should be.

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

MGO is really like a starter pack for future DLC. It's great that this starter pack is included with MGS4 to give more value, but that still doesn't help the flaws of MGO as an online game.

davygee said:
A joke IMHO....how can you score MGO as a separate entity...its part of the MGS4 and should be classed thus.

I haven't managed to play MGO yet, but MGS4 is brilliant and surely, it should be seen as an advantage that MGS4 comes with a fantastic single player campaign and a full fledged online separate.

But no, Eurogamer decide to class them differently....wheres IGN made the statement saying that MGO and MGS4 are one and the same game that you buy so should be rated as a whole....and thats how it should be.

I agree 100%. I don't like separating the two at all. They're on the same disc and should be considered the same game. After all, I didn't see everyone splitting up The Orange Box during reviews.

PS. That score seems pretty low. I'll have to spend more time with MGO to see what kind of depth it offers. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
davygee said:

I agree 100%. I don't like separating the two at all. They're on the same disc and should be considered the same game. After all, I didn't see everyone splitting up The Orange Box during reviews.

PS. That score seems pretty low. I'll have to spend more time with MGO to see what kind of depth it offers.

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3163694&p=1&sec=REVIEWS

While not 'everyone', 1up did it.

*edit* looks like IGN did it too,

http://pc.ign.com/articles/825/825992p1.html