By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - A Ban on members with

I also disagree with this idea. As you will see my post count is low as I only post if I have something useful to say but I have been on the site for over a year and know what the site is like and what not to post, if you set say a 100 post limit to start a thread I would have to spam a load more threads just to start a new one.

The idea of a time on the site is better but as one of the other posts said you often do not create an account until you want to ask something.

Around the Network
lazyrider said:
I actually signed on to this site to make a thread (I had a question about my PS3 that had just died on me and wanted to know if this was a common problem), though I of course have interest in sales figures or I would have chosen another site. Got insulted a bit and called a troll but most people just posted normally.

As you can see my post count is very low and I am a noob. But why should that get me banned for creating a thread. "You" more experienced members, upon seeing a duplicate thread should just direct "us" noobs towards the original threads we are duplicating. Seems reasonable no? Think your solution is a bit extreme, a bit elitist...

Though I agree some trolls create new accounts and launch a flame thread... Guess that's why there are mods here to snuff those guys out.

I'd be much more inclined to read one a thread by Lazy than Crazzy  

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Terrible idea, I hate sites that limit my posting ability right off the bat and generally don't stay on those sites.

I think the system is fine how it currently is.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Everyone should be able to post regardless of number of posts. This site does a good job of keeping people in line.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Around the Network

By doing this you are forcing people to spam before making a thread, so while you were trying to solve one localized "problem", with your solution you have expanded it.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

thats a stupid idea to limit new users like that

Just leave it as is.

If there are questionable threads being started by questionable new users or extra accounts created for the purpose of trolling, leave it to the moderators to lock the thread.

lazyrider said:
I actually signed on to this site to make a thread (I had a question about my PS3 that had just died on me and wanted to know if this was a common problem), though I of course have interest in sales figures or I would have chosen another site. Got insulted a bit and called a troll but most people just posted normally.

As you can see my post count is very low and I am a noob. But why should that get me banned for creating a thread. "You" more experienced members, upon seeing a duplicate thread should just direct "us" noobs towards the original threads we are duplicating. Seems reasonable no? Think your solution is a bit extreme, a bit elitist...

Though I agree some trolls create new accounts and launch a flame thread... Guess that's why there are mods here to snuff those guys out.

QFT.

If there's a problem with annoying posts and troll accounts, then the mods need to kick it up a notch.  BAM.

Auron said:
starcraft said:
Auron said:
I disagree, i think they should be allowed to post no matter what their post count. Limit their thread creation to 1 a day though. The English part i disagree since English is my third language and i often make dumbass mistakes lol.

IF English really is you're third language, you must be a language expert, because I rarely see you make mistakes.

I've been in school in the U.S. from 8th grade to now and i'm in law school. So that is roughly 9-10 years.

German I assume is your native language? English and German languages are similar.