By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MGO login is so dumb

also, once you set up the login it has an auto-login so that shouldn't be a problem after the initial login.

Around the Network

The MGO set-up is fucking ridiculous. Konami ID, Game ID, locking your character to 1 PS3 (what happens if it breaks?) and being limited to 1 character unless you pay for more slots is all just bullshit. Complete and utter bullshit. I really hope they patch out those things and utilize just your PSN ID, although I doubt they will.

Still, the actual game is pretty fun. Headshots do seem to come a little easy though.

We all had this issue with the beta, though I doubt that I will get to MGO for a while, still going through the campaign

Konami runs the servers completly; no use of PSN at all other than you're PS3's internet connection. You only really use 1 login in (GAME ID) the KONAMI ID has no real purpose other than MGO Store.

It took 2 hours for me to login yesterday. Was going to quit but then it finally started to work. Despite a few bad things I have read about MGO I have been enjoying it .

Around the Network

Friend Codes is the "in" thing this year huh XD.

That like Nintendo level regulation - I haven't tried MGO yet, just beat single player last night, it's a good game.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

This cannot be a technical requirement. I think the Konami ID is required so they can sell you stuff directly outside of PSN. It sucks.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

@dbot:

Actually, yeah, that does make sense. I mean, would they have to pay a comission to Sony now that they've done it through their own setup?

MGO is filed with backwards policies.

Game ID, paying for more than one character, 1000 person limit for lobbies. The entire thing struck me as being a very Japanese approach to online gaming.

But MGO isn't that great, so you really aren't missing much.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

sieanr: I couldn't help but read your Sig about the 360 turn and all. Ummm, If you turn 360 degree's you will be facing the 360 again. So ya had to correct you on that one.

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e