By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MGO login is so dumb

The one character thing is a problem if you have other people that want to play, but you're all forced to use your character unless you want to pay up. However, it might not be as bad of a problem if you could still customize him and change what he's wearing, but you can't (save for taking off the the accessory or whatever that was equipped) so the whole customization is very restricted.

No need to fear! I'm sure Konami has a plan to charge for new clothes for your character to wear!

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
TheRealMafoo said:
I like the one character thing. My nephew is insane at Halo, but he advances though to a point where he does not win every time (I have seen him get twice the kills as everyone else combined).

As a kid, he hate's a level playing field, so he makes another character so he can destroy newbs. I think that sucks. Lower skilled players should play lower skilled players. This helps keep that in check.

Yeah, one character is great. I allows those who want to really delve into the game one shot at making it all work.

God forbid that someone might want to play with multiple styles depending on time/server/team/etc.

No options RULE! I know I loved that shit in SWG.

Can't make everyone happy I guess. I like it. If they did it like Halo, I would never play it, like Halo.

It is a starter pack, the entire game was not released with MGS4 so being crtical about it is pointless.

It took me about 30 minutes to sign up, because there so many restrictions on passwords and username.

PSN: OJ_juice

If anyone wants a custom sig, I'll make one for you. Just message me. I'm a pro.

I loved the sign up, you know, spending 15 minutes filling everything out, getting an error, going back and seeing everything erased, good times. Then filling it out again, find out I had 2 things wrong so they erased the whole thing again. Fill it out a third time, already pissed off, and the second page won't load. I refresh a few times, just a white screen. So I go back and it is all erased again.

Good times.

Around the Network

It shouldn't take very long to register if Konami servers are working.

Not to say this would be good... I like the game but I hate this registration thing.

I tried three more times. The screen went completly blank twice, and the third it said server problems.

Fuck this signup, fuck this game. Seriously, I am not even signing up because of this. Good day.

If anything, it teaches you to use your quick typing and tab pressing skills. lol.

Ugh, sad to see that it hasn't improved much since the beta.

I got a few more hours in with this game today. It's pretty mediocre IMO. I really hate CQC online. It feels kinda broken.

I also hate how Ambush Alley always manages to turn into a sniper whorefest. The one character rule is pretty bullshit, too. I don't want to use the same guy for everything and Konami is going to turn this game into a microtransaction shitfest over time, I just know it.

While it's not a bad game, it's not particularly impressive in any way, either. Konami's obtuse registration & character setup only makes it worse. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/