By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MGS4 gets a perfect 5/5 from XPLAY

I'll use a test score analogy.

There is a test with 5 questions. You get 3 right. That means you failed on 40% of the questions. A 60, which is a D.

Then there is one with 10 questions. You get 6 right here, but does your grade change?

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network

I must completely agree with the 5/5.

I just completed MGS4 for the first time and I must admit in terms of storyline, gameplay, etc... this game was by far the best game I have ever played in my 21 years of gaming. As a fan of the series since MGS1 on PS1 this was by far the most emotional game I have ever played.

Words can not describe how I felt upon completion of this masterpiece.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

websie how give it an 8 are realy riducle now

wait wait... people are aruging how 3/5 is different than 6/10?? LOL

both means the same thing, it's an okay game, nothing that will impress you too much about it.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

I haven't watched X-play in a while but do they give .5 point ratings? Or is it just 1-5?

I think every scale should stand on it's own. I agree mathematically 3/5 = 6/10 but I don't think you should judge them the same. Every review organization is different and if I review something and give it a 3/5 it might not mean that it's equivalent to joe schmoe's 6/10. What if a review site adopted a thumbs up/thumbs down system similar to movie reviews. Would a thumbs up = 10/10? That's one of my biggest problems with gamerankings and one of a few reasons why I think arguing over scores there is an exercise in futility. I'm not saying review scores are useless but if it's the only justification you can find in a game purchase or it's just there to give you forum bragging rights then maybe you should re-evaluate why you're playing video games to begin with.

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection
Around the Network

I agree with shameless, 3/5 movie is actually pretty good, 2/5 is watchable, but 4/10 is awfull (Lair) en 6/10 is meh (haze). Don't bash me i am a ps3 fanboy.

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

You can't trust X-Gay,A.d.d.am or Manjaw half the time.They gave Assassins Creed a 5/5.

It deserves no less.

4 ≈ One

I actually agree with shameless. I understand that mathematically they are the same but a 3/5 seems like a decent game to me, but i would be skeptical about picking up a 6/10 game.

They have the same denotation but different connotations.

Its like the words skinny and scrawny; they both mean a thin person but skinny would be a compliment but scrawny would be a put down. But of course this is just my opinion :P

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

dtewi said:
Are you fucking kidding Shameless!?!?!

That post is so much epic fail I am not going to post rebuttal.

*sarcasm* I am just going to turn 360 Degrees and walk away. */sarcasm*

But 360 degrees is a circle, so you can't walk away like that...