By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony working to ensure more 80 GB bundles are shipped

Production has to be planned months in advance. So unless they placed the assembly orders months ago, it's kind of hard for them to put more on the shelves.

Around the Network
DragonLord said:

@Pristine20,

Not too much; although, I do have an account there. I post a LOT of places though. Playfire.com, ps3forums.com, ps3fanboy.com, 1up, etc.

Mainly here and ps3forums though.

Yeah, I have an account there as well but I spend most of my free non-gaming time on this site. I may be getting addicted to it lol!

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Of course it's limited. This bundle will be costing Sony out the ass as they have to buy MGS4 from Konami only to give it away to sell their console. That's fine with 1st party games but with 3rd party games that is not such a good thing. Even the 40GB bundles being sold in Europe and Japan will have a serious toll on Sony's profits.

Expect Sony to ride the MGS4 bundle through the MGS4 hype but as soon as their next big 1st party game comes along they will change.

Lightning08 said:

Of course it's limited. This bundle will be costing Sony out the ass as they have to buy MGS4 from Konami only to give it away to sell their console. That's fine with 1st party games but with 3rd party games that is not such a good thing. Even the 40GB bundles being sold in Europe and Japan will have a serious toll on Sony's profits.

Expect Sony to ride the MGS4 bundle through the MGS4 hype but as soon as their next big 1st party game comes along they will change.

Agreeing to a bundled MGS4 package for a certain length of time MAY have been part of the exclusivity agreements with Konami...it guarantees a lot more copies of their game sold...look at what the Motorstorm bundle did. So although it cost them, they are not only improving their install base but improving third party relations by making Konami happy campers.

@Pristine20, Lol, it's easy to become addicted to these damn forums...especially ps3forums and here.  Once the JRPG's start to hit, I probably will break away from the forums for awhile, but for now, there isn't that much that I want to play....except MGS4--but I'm going on vacation so I'm waiting to start it until I get back. 

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

DMeisterJ said:
What the hell is 8/26 leo?

Your birthday?

But he's supposed to already have a PS3.

Around the Network

this bundle is a great deal,domage

obieslut said:
take the word limited with a LARGE grain of salt.
wheres that salt picture when you need it

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

Actually, I certain that in order to get the bundle, Sony simply is giving konami the value of the game, before the retail mark up.  ( Estimate: around $40 a PS3)

The idea that they are losing that much money is somewhat scewed towards the old idea. New idea says that the current PS3 sku's aren't causing a HUGE LOSS in money.  But, with that said, they are still losing a good deal on it.

As for this bundle, I would expect it to run through January, then they will Bundle it with Killzone 2.

Check us out at the Vindication Gamer Network on Youtube. 

It seems they will ship another 75k and see how things are going.

Kasz216 said:
DMeisterJ said:
What the hell is 8/26 leo?

Your birthday?

But he's supposed to already have a PS3.

Exactly...

So I'm not getting it...  @_@