By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony working to ensure more 80 GB bundles are shipped

Cremator said:
SONY fumbles another great PS3 selling point. What's next?

How's that? By announcing that they are aware of the demand and are going to continue supplying them? They said, they're pleased with the demand and more shipments are on the way...I'd say that's good news.

We may hear something about EU & JP during E3 hopefully.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

Around the Network
Cremator said:

Well since PS3 overtook 360 in EU just now......Others & then finally America

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

DragonLord said:
Cremator said:

How's that? By announcing that they are aware of the demand and are going to continue supplying them? They said, they're pleased with the demand and more shipments are on the way...I'd say that's good news.

I mean that they should have expected this type of demand and should have had this bundle released world wide and even the limited gun metal one should have had a greater quantity.

take the word limited with a LARGE grain of salt.
wheres that salt picture when you need it

JAP needs this bundle. i think sony are going to hold off in Euro untill xmas at the earliest

Around the Network
Cremator said:
DragonLord said:
Cremator said:

I mean that they should have expected this type of demand and should have had this bundle released world wide and even the limited gun metal one should have had a greater quantity.

Ok, gotcha...I agree.  I wish they would have had more available and on a larger scale, but at least they're aware of the high demand now.  Hopefully they'll take steps to get 80 GB sku's out to a wider audience soon.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

The reason they didnt release more becuase of the money they loss with the 80gb.

mM

Hope the bundle lasts long enough for me to get one, which should be soon.

It's funny really since technically the more SONY continues to sell this bundle the more money they lose and actually this month will indicate a huge loss for SONY. With the downhill sales of the PS2 and the uphill sales of the PS3 including the MGS4 bundle SONY is only getting deeper in red, while MS with their 360 actually started making a profit once their system seller Halo 3 started selling. That's why I don't except to see a lot more bundles shipped and this HW rise will fall back to the original levels quickly IMO.

Cremator said:
It's funny really since technically the more SONY continues to sell this bundle the more money they lose and actually this month will indicate a huge loss for SONY. With the downhill sales of the PS2 and the uphill sales of the PS3 including the MGS4 bundle SONY is only getting deeper in red, while MS with their 360 actually started making a profit once their system seller Halo 3 started selling. That's why I don't except to see a lot more bundles shipped and this HW rise will fall back to the original levels quickly IMO.

And selling a couple million ps3 games did nothing to boost their bottom line. *rolls eyes*