By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EU Sales UP!! - MGS4 Debut week - PS3 -- ok

leo-j said:
HappySqurriel said:
leo-j said:
I think vgchartz may be undertracking this...

Im with crazzyman on this Im waiting for konami or chart tracker.

We're playing the Grand Theft Auto 4 denial game again?

I dont know, but maybe I am in denial though I think MGS4 did better..

In any case, even if they are correct it still has a chance to sell around 1.5 million world wide, NA should pull in some 600k, and japan should be around 400k first week sales.

As for hardware, the PS3 should sell 65k in japan, and 140k in NA, so it should be around 310-350k world wide.

Its still not impossible for the PS3 to outsell the wii. Very dissapointed in Europe though.

Well, Leo-J it did sell very well, actually, as did the PS3. You should have never expected a world flip, because the game does have a hurdle in the userbase of the PS3, as well as the Spain drama. All things considered it performed exceptionally.

I've been saying for months, we shouldn't expect movie like twists and turns in these numbers. It happens so rarely that its just no point in hoping for it. 

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

Sony fans, please stop complaining, please let it go..................

follow me lead......

very nice numbers, not as i expected but good nonetheless...

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

wiifit is a little low if you ask me

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

PS3 does good,MGS4 does great

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

leo-j said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

The gamecube was cheaper than the PS2, but it was still outsold by it. What's the difference? I'd figure you'd be more upset that the PS3 was outsold, and not upset about WHY it was outsold. I think its fairly obvious that the Wii is simply more popular than the PS3, and the reasons you come up with for why, are simply damage control in the form of speculation. Rebuttle?

The PS2 had better games, a DVD PLAYER a very cheap one, and IT WASNT $399, there is a huge difference to consumers when you have a console for $249.99 and one for $399.99.

With all due respect, that's 2 dimensional thinking.

Afterall, when the PS2 launched, DVD wasn't the big thing. Also, 399 is the new 249, with the dollar decreasing by close to that amount over the past 6 years or so.

I know for certain that you aren't telling me that the entire reason the Wii is outselling the PS3 is the price?

That would mean:

A. The Blue-Ocean is a myth

B. There are no casual gamers

C. There are no hardware sellers

D. There is no profitibility in adding extra functionality or value to products

The Wii is selling because of several factors, including price, percieved value, novelty, games, and word of mouth.

The PS3 is selling not quite as well because of those same factors.

To single out one and say that it is the end all reason is an attempt to marginalize other factors and Wii sales while blaming the PS3's failures(apparently in your eyes) on pricepoint alone, but as you can see, it can't stand up to scrutiany.

You should rethink your argument. You can't win with this one.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

damage control running at full efficiency i take it? poor devils.

Huh. Who would've thought that beggining anew in my real life would coincide with starting anew on vgchartz?

Any day now, the dollar will be worth less than 2 zloty......any day now.....and my life savings will be in total jepordy ;(.

kirby007 said:
wiifit is a little low if you ask me

It's obviously under-tracked, and if you are like me you'll wait for chart-tracker or official Nintendo numbers.

j/k. Sorry guys, but that's how some of you act. These numbers are great. If we saw them 3 weeks ago we would be shocked by their excellence.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Well it would surprise me if Spain would add much to the total, since I think the other totals is already high.

In the UK, the MGS4 sold almost the same as GT5P. Others first week sales for GT5P was 385k. So even without Spain, MGS4 sold quite a bit more outside of the UK relative to GT5P. I have a hard time believing that MGS4 would sell so much more unless the UK really hates MGS4.

@Menago KF

yeah PS3 just outsold 360 LTD in EU....Damage Control is definetely needed on this day..

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

trestres said:
So now people saying that MGS4 isn't a system seller, how ironic. You are saying sales will spike only where the 80gb is released. So if the game isn't even a system seller, then what game will move PS3 systems?

The ps3 had a 29% increase in sales.  It's certainly a system seller.  The 80gb's rerelease in NA will only boost hardware even more here.