Forums - Sales Discussion - EU Sales UP!! - MGS4 Debut week - PS3 -- ok

solojohlo said:
FishyJoe said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@happysquirel

as I said NO 80GB bundles in EU

AND SPAIN RELEASE WAS DELAYED

PS3's 2nd largest market in EU

Spain is about 10% of other, so it's not too hard to extrapolate. You can't just add 10% to hardware sales though, because existing shelf stock still sells. So realistically, I'd probably use a 6-8% multiplier to estimate hardware sales.

Also, it wouldn't surprise me if a lot of people crossed the borders and bought it.

Except Spain is a disproportionately large region for Sony, & counts for about 15% of its european installed base

Actually, it's 13.7% of of total others, but has been trending a bit lower lately even before all the strikes.

Around the Network
JGarret said:
@Mummelmmann

Is he the first one who ever accused you of trolling?

Pretty much, yes. But who cares, I won't mention it again but it makes me cringe to think that I'm being compared to some of the most obnoxious and childish users in here.

OMG undertracked? really, why always the ps triple

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

In other news the ps3 has now sold more software than the 360 in others despite the smaller install base and later release.

People, don't overestimate Spain. Like Fishy said it's more than probable that people from spain would order their copy from a different country within the EU, you have to take that into account. Sure that not all of them would do so, but if you were in the EU and had the same currency everywhere, wouldn't you have done so?

Huh. Who would've thought that beggining anew in my real life would coincide with starting anew on vgchartz?

Any day now, the dollar will be worth less than 2 zloty......any day now.....and my life savings will be in total jepordy ;(.

Around the Network
leo-j said:
I think vgchartz may be undertracking this...

Im with crazzyman on this Im waiting for konami or chart tracker.

Oh, the good old leo-j...

Just face it...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
leo-j said:
carlos710 said:
wow, an average Wii week was enough for #1 place in consoles this week in Ninteuroland!

great numbers for Nintendo

You never cease to amaze me..

the wii is significantly cheaper than the PS3, no matter what the game it will sell more.

Not to mention the 80gb bundle did not release in europe.

The gamecube was cheaper than the PS2, but it was still outsold by it. What's the difference? I'd figure you'd be more upset that the PS3 was outsold, and not upset about WHY it was outsold. I think its fairly obvious that the Wii is simply more popular than the PS3, and the reasons you come up with for why, are simply damage control in the form of speculation. Rebuttle?

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

PLEASE Fellow PS3 owners

DO NOT say "undertracking".....as its just going to bite you later on when its proven it wasn't undertracked

the SALES aren't bad./HELL NO

If SPAIN was there then crossing 500K would've been cool/.///as that was my prediction

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

lol@CrazzyMan

CrazzyMan said:
WTF???
30k? This must be joke.
Hmm.. 430k? Will wait what Konami will say about sales. =]

CrazzyMan said:
MGS4 will OWN haters and doubters in 4 days. =)

Selling less then 500k HW and 2 mln. SW first week = dissapointment in gamers. =)
MGS4 - will be a TOTAL OWNAGE. FIRST cinematic NEXTGEN experience, ONLY on PS3.

http://vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?id=845077

trestres said:
So now people saying that MGS4 isn't a system seller, how ironic. You are saying sales will spike only where the 80gb is released. So if the game isn't even a system seller, then what game will move PS3 systems?

PS3 sales weekly average sales for Others :

Mid January-Mid March : 85k

Mid March-Mid June : 118k.

Difference ? GT5P, then GTA4 then MGS4.

There are your system sellers.

I would think + 38% sales for a continuous 3 months period qualifies...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !