By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo - titles of interest to core gamers will be announced around E3

My guess:

New Zelda
Kid Icarus
New Starfox game
New Intelligent Systems project (Probably a Paper Mario game)

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Around the Network
DonWii said:
Old News. Reggie said the same thing in March.

Also:

Last year, Nintendo released:

July:
DS Picross

August:
DS Brain Age 2
Wii Metroid Prime 3

September:
DS Donkey Kong: Jungle Climber

October:
DS Phantom Hourglass
Wii Donkey Kong: Barrel Blast
DS Flash Focus
Wii Battalion Wars 2

November
Wii Super Mario Galaxy
DS Mario Party DS
Wii Link’s Crossbow Training
DS Master of Illusion

12 releases on DS and Wii.

I’d expect at least 10 releases this second quarter.

You are missing Fire Emblem: Raidaint dawn.

leo-j said:
Mario super sluggers interest the Core gamers?

Really?

We recently announced the upcoming release of Mario Super Sluggers. Additionally, we will be announcing several new titles that core gamers will be interested in around the time of E3.

Where does it say that Mario Super Sluggers interest core gamers?

Brawl FC: 2106-1814-5245

This post was edited by the Imagine:Babiez police.

Do not offend other people in public.

Move along people, nothing to see here.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Sounds like he's implying that those games 'core gamers will be interested in' will be coming from 3rd party. It's certainly possible Nintendo has asked for some key titles to be held back until E3 for greater impact.

Around the Network
Kyros said:
Mario Super Sluggers. Additionally, we will be announcing several new titles that core gamers will be interested in around the time of E3

wow that must be the most subdued E3 announcement ever. Mario Super Sluggers great and "titles, core gamers will be interested in". I really hope thats Japanese understatement.
I really do not understand why the Wii sells so well. Casual gamers are a weird bunch. But alas...

Translation: WHY NINTENDO WHY!!?? Why do you keep releasing great games on the Wii, and most specially CORE games!! If you keep doing that my HD console will not dominate! :'( WHY DO 3RD PARTIES SUPPORT THE WII!ONE11? And even with CORE games buaaaaaa *cleans tears*
*I'm going to cry a river inside my room, sniff, I'll wait until next E3 in 2009 where I hope and wish Nintendo turns casual

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

lol it's always funny that soriku always asks for rpg's each time there is something realated to any new annoucement :p

Ot:We all know kid is back.

I expected the Wii to really take off 2 years after launch. Hopefully I was right!

well I can't wait to whatever they announce

I'm a core gamer. This interest me.

Also, rumor is that Nintendo might show a new IP with new characters. From Gamepro

Also, they are in the Kodak theater so expect a good E3.