By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How Sony created the casual Non gamers before nintendo

Wow.

Anyone having delusions this grand has got to be in constant pain.

I feel sad for you Dno.

Around the Network

Actually Nintendo were the first to see how Sony was losing the mainstream in Japan. The disappointing PS2 software sales were one of the reasons Nintendo thought it's time to come out with something different.

Hardcore gaming is a bubble economy blown up by Microsoft's $7 $6 billion losses.

Gaming became much more talked about with the arrival of Playstation. When I was at secondary school all people knew was Playstation. The football crowd love it even now. They may not have created casual entirely but they took it mainstream and made it cool to play games.

Ynwa.

Dno said:
mesoteto said:
swyggi said:
@users being ignorant: Reading is good for you.

But seriously, the OP does have a point. The PS2 did bring in a lot of newcomers with different types of games. Nintendo really didn't do this in the SNES and NES era because that's when gaming first started and people were skeptical back then with video games.
Atari says hi.....more fail....

yea cause Atari was a awesome system with super cool sales that all casuals bought.......

your posts are all fails i dont understand why you post sometimes. if you dont agree then dont try to troll. just speak why you dont agree in a better manner.

dude your argument wasnt a pissing contest b/t who sold more but who was responsible for starting the market up

""yes nintendo brought about 50 millions Hardcore and casual gamers in.... but sony brought 120 million hardcore and casuals in with the ps2 (not even counting the ps2)...thats means sony hit a much bigger market then nintendo has ever done so far which also means sony brought in the casuals and nintendo is building on that......"

or did you forget that, i know shiny things can distract you guy.....focus now

like other have proven already casual gamers have been around long before the Ps2....try 

@mesoteto

Keep it clean, dude.

ok listen, of course people played video games before the NES and SNES. The problem with this is that there were hardly ANY gamers back then in comparison to now. Yes there were grandmas and grandfathers that played the Atari, but you're using such a small sample. Overall, there really wasn't much of a casual gamer back then in those days. Heck, there wasn't' many hardcore gamers either.

This will only take a moment of your time. *steals your watch*

Around the Network

Trick question, Sony IS Nintendo.

Now whose mind wasn't a little blown away by that.

@Op

Pong sais Hi, Pac Man is pissed too, and you hurt red 'U' blocks feelings from Tetris.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Onimusha12 said:
Trick question, Sony IS Nintendo.

Now whose mind wasn't a little blown away by that.

Where's the question?

This will only take a moment of your time. *steals your watch*

sadly there have always been those that felt gaming was "hardcore"

when the first systems came out people were taking them and marketing it to the whole family, but as always you had niche gamers come and try there hand at modding...

if anything casual and hardcore were both born out of the atari era

Hmmmmmmm

The casual gaming boom wasn't really on any console, but on PC

Flash games on the internet, say hi!

Solitaire, say H-E-L-L-O

Casual gaming was wayyyyyyy before the PS2