By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Conduit to bring voice chat to Wii Multiplayer

They're trying!

Source

Dan Kaufman, the lead game designer of Wii first-person shooter The Conduit, has said that he hopes to include voice chat in multiplayer. "We are exploring the possibility for voice chat," Kaufman said in a QA posted on the game's official website. "It is too early to make any promises along these lines, but we agree it could make the game even better!"

To state the obvious, the main problem with voice chat on the Wii is there isn't a microphone to chat into. We'd assume then that The Conduit would have to ship with a microphone peripheral to do it. And you'd have to somehow get that past Nintendo.

Kaufman also said the game will include three competitive multiplayer online modes, a single-player experience that would cater to several types of first person shooter players, and would only include one "mini-game."

Around the Network

geez, you got my hopes up...

Hrm...

sweet! even better if you could use it outside of the conduit but i guess that's not up to high voltage.

OMG if they succeed in it, this game is really pushing the boundaries

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

Welcome to two years ago!

wow

this game gets better and better

Proud member of the Fierce Fox Force.

"I strike spurs onto my Wii controller. And against Sony and MS I fling myself,
unvanquished and unyielding. 'O Wii!!!"

-The Nintendian Philosophy

now I will need play multiplayer with the spoker off thanks high voltage

It'd be nice if you could connect the microphone to bluetooth or something. Wireless ftw!

Now we really need a headset from nintendo but will they listen?