By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Conduit to bring voice chat to Wii Multiplayer

yeah i really want a voice chat to listen to all those 10 year old kids who thinks that talking f*ck 60 time per minute is cool. yeah great:/
split screen>>>>>>>>voice chat

Around the Network

@waron, based on how Nintendo does things, you probably will only be able to chat w/ people you have traded friend codes with. This way you get to ignore the dumb little brats.

i agree with all of you that prefer split screen than voice chat or even online, it was a huge selling point for me.

wii fc : 7188 5379 1382 7074
smash fc :2234 6924 8637

gamertag : Dano2688

aiden.cronus said:
wow

this game gets better and better

It sure does.  Here's hoping this voice chat feature pans out.

BTW, let's say this does happen.  Could Nintendo then send out a patch so that older games (BWii, Mario Kart, Smash) could take advantage of it as well?  I'm just curious. 

We shall see...

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Around the Network

I would also like to see some split-screen fragging happen with The Conduit. The addition of voice chat for online would be nice. Better late than never.

I'm not a particularly big fan of fps games but I do like to follow the progression of potential big games on the Wii. This looks to be one and it's great to see a 3rd party put a lot of effort into their game.

I'll come up with something better eventually...

If they pull this off, I hope they give the option to mute all player speech. I've actually quite enjoyed Nintendo's online experience, except for the tedious parade of friend codes.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Shameless said:
Welcome to two years ago!

Thanks, but you're not all correct.

1. It hasn't been fully 2 years since the Wii came out, say 1.5

2. You're in the wrong boards, we in the Nintendo board know that the Wiimote is a revolution. Go to the Ps3 boards and tell them.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Red4ADevil said:
tehsage said:
Red4ADevil said:
Now we really need a headset from nintendo but will they listen?

I don't really see why not. The only Nintendo game that could have used Voice Chat would be MKWii but it's not really necessary there.

Though it would have been nice to put voice chat in MoH2. But Nintendo isn't truely against it!

Theres a headset for the DS but the only games that use it is Pokemond Diamond and Pearl.

And before that there was voice chat in Metroid Prime Hunters on the DS, but rather than using a headset you'd just talk into the DS microphone.