By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

As far as healthcare coverage, for serious illness, or surgery my insurance (which only costs about 1,000 dollars a year pre-tax money) I pay nothing out of pocket. Cancer, Heart surgery, etc. I'm covered up to 2 million dollars, which should be enough. For other things, sure I have to pay I think 10% or 20% but not for serious crap. I would rather pay 1,000 pre-tax than have to pay for it in taxes someway. Another thing to consider, a lot of people say only the Rich are getting rich, that's simply not true. Massive amounts of the money that you find in mutual funds belong to 401ks and IRAs opened up by middle class families, and with the reduction in capital gains taxes these have been taking off. I see a lot of Americans having a descent retirement provided they wathed their 401k and managed it. And all the info needed to do so is easily available. I agree, it would be nice if everyone had healthcare. But it is a fact that the Average American has more access to better technology and more money is invested per capita in America on new medical research than all these other countries people are mentioning. Just look back at my post with the links and read for yourself. Long wait times for procedures, like Kemo therapy DO exist in both Canada and Europe. I also posted a link to that in one of my posts. I like how Europe gets off being all cocky about stuff, maybe America should have left you in the Nazis hands. It's been 60 years since then and Europe acts like America is the enemy, and when we protected Europe thru the 80s against Russia. If not for US having a lot of forces in those countries and deterring the Russians they probably would have rolled over the rest of Europe. I'm just incensed at the lack of thankfulness. The US gave Billions and Billions of dollars to help rebuild Europe and now some people would mock that the US is weak and in shambles. Perhaps you'd all rather be speaking German. And as for the Canadians. Really....that countries financial health is closely tied to ours. So why even talk about the US economy going down the tubes.

Around the Network

Stromprophet said: I agree, it would be nice if everyone had healthcare. But it is a fact that the Average American has more access to better technology and more money is invested per capita in America on new medical research than all these other countries people are mentioning. Just look back at my post with the links and read for yourself.
Sadly, this means nothing to the people who cannot pay. I do have insurance of course, between my employer and I about $600 a month goes into it. The cost of this insurance raises by approximately 25% every year, unless we move to another provider (which comes with its own costs.) I can understand why many cannot afford it.
Long wait times for procedures, like Kemo therapy DO exist in both Canada and Europe. I also posted a link to that in one of my posts.
We have wait times for procedures in the US as well. Is a shorter wait time worth the loss of your future financial security?
I like how Europe gets off being all cocky about stuff, maybe America should have left you in the Nazis hands. It's been 60 years since then and Europe acts like America is the enemy, and when we protected Europe thru the 80s against Russia. If not for US having a lot of forces in those countries and deterring the Russians they probably would have rolled over the rest of Europe. I'm just incensed at the lack of thankfulness. The US gave Billions and Billions of dollars to help rebuild Europe and now some people would mock that the US is weak and in shambles. Perhaps you'd all rather be speaking German.
How thankful the populations of the various European countries might feel about it now has no relevance to our health care system, which is flawed.
And as for the Canadians. Really....that countries financial health is closely tied to ours. So why even talk about the US economy going down the tubes.
Perhaps it's because they have a vested interest in our economy remaining healthy.

To bring my discusson back on target... great cartoon about 360/Wii, in particular the last frame. http://wii.ign.com/articles/763/763534p1.html It's so true...

StormProphet : you were wrong about taxes too. Your article says the same thing I was saying actually. Read it again. These 48 % applied only to the <1% of France population which are really rich people (have very high incomes, like 200k € a year or more), and it's not even the case anymore, as it's 40 % now. So 99+% of France is paying far less taxes than that, far from the 50 % you were saying. I happen to live there, you really thought you could fool me on that subject ? And like I said, Wii's preorders from *december* are still not fulfilled here, and the price is 250€, so we're screwed by Nintendo. But we're screwed by MS too, as the XB360 is 400 € or 500€. Same policy for Sony PS3.

Stromprophet said: I like how Europe gets off being all cocky about stuff, maybe America should have left you in the Nazis hands. It's been 60 years since then and Europe acts like America is the enemy, and when we protected Europe thru the 80s against Russia. If not for US having a lot of forces in those countries and deterring the Russians they probably would have rolled over the rest of Europe. I'm just incensed at the lack of thankfulness. The US gave Billions and Billions of dollars to help rebuild Europe and now some people would mock that the US is weak and in shambles. Perhaps you'd all rather be speaking German.
Please read your history, it was on the bloody fields of Russia WWII were won. I am sorry to disapoint you but the sovjets killed a hell of lot more germans than the americans. I would have loved too see the russians attacking the rest of europe...Stalin wouldn't even fight against the Nazis before he was attacked but sure mayby they would have attacked I do seriously doubt it. By the way Europe wasn't defence less, UK, France and west germany had quit large armies to. Hell even we in Sweden had quit a large army. I do thank you for the money you sent after the second world war, when will you pay vietnamn for the bombing and the pollution of their country? I do not hate america, you are allowed to do whatever you **** want, but dont demand that I should love your country, and that I should wave the flag and praise you when you continue to wage war across the globe. EDIT: and by the way I have 30% tax...and sweden has proberbly the highest tax rate in EU...

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

Around the Network

30% tax?? that's A LOT! Here in Greece the tax is 18% only

It's even worse than I thought. Preorders are still plentiful every week in France. I already said that people who preordered in December still don't have their Wii. But from a France Nintendo sales person, we learn that it will be very difficult to find a Wii in all of Europe for all of 2007, because there's one factory for all of Europe, and several thousands Wii are preordered 2 weeks before they can even be made ! He said december preorders won't be fulfilled before march ! Some few people canceled their Wii preorders, and put one for PS3 instead. Well, all the best for Sony. It's terrible news for Nintendo, this can't be good at all.

Ookaze, you got fed a line of crap. Wii's are all manufactured in Asia and then shipped to their respective territories. I don't know where this one factory for Europe nonsense came from. With Nintendo upping the amount of Wii's they manufacture from 700,000 a month to 1 million a month, the situation should be improving shortly.

robjoh said: Please read your history, it was on the bloody fields of Russia WWII were won. I am sorry to disapoint you but the sovjets killed a hell of lot more germans than the americans. I would have loved too see the russians attacking the rest of europe...Stalin wouldn't even fight against the Nazis before he was attacked but sure mayby they would have attacked I do seriously doubt it. By the way Europe wasn't defence less, UK, France and west germany had quit large armies to. Hell even we in Sweden had quit a large army. I do thank you for the money you sent after the second world war, when will you pay vietnamn for the bombing and the pollution of their country? I do not hate america, you are allowed to do whatever you **** want, but dont demand that I should love your country, and that I should wave the flag and praise you when you continue to wage war across the globe. EDIT: and by the way I have 30% tax...and sweden has proberbly the highest tax rate in EU...
Sorry to burst your bubble, but the Soviets didn't kill that many Germans, the Germans died because of the Soviets, but it was indirectly caused because of the extreme cold and the razing of the cities as the Russians progressed back towards the capital. The Germans died in Russia because they made a mistake by going after them, not because the Russians put on their pwn gloves.

rendo said: robjoh said: Please read your history, it was on the bloody fields of Russia WWII were won. I am sorry to disapoint you but the sovjets killed a hell of lot more germans than the americans. I would have loved too see the russians attacking the rest of europe...Stalin wouldn't even fight against the Nazis before he was attacked but sure mayby they would have attacked I do seriously doubt it. By the way Europe wasn't defence less, UK, France and west germany had quit large armies to. Hell even we in Sweden had quit a large army. I do thank you for the money you sent after the second world war, when will you pay vietnamn for the bombing and the pollution of their country? I do not hate america, you are allowed to do whatever you **** want, but dont demand that I should love your country, and that I should wave the flag and praise you when you continue to wage war across the globe. EDIT: and by the way I have 30% tax...and sweden has proberbly the highest tax rate in EU... Sorry to burst your bubble, but the Soviets didn't kill that many Germans, the Germans died because of the Soviets, but it was indirectly caused because of the extreme cold and the razing of the cities as the Russians progressed back towards the capital. The Germans died in Russia because they made a mistake by going after them, not because the Russians put on their pwn gloves.
Your severely underestimating the accomplishments of the Soviet war machine and have very little understanding of the eastern front.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away"