By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Dominates X-Play's Must Have 8 for 2008 (so far)

Wow! I can't believe they shafted Burnout Paradise. That is a crime. Also how does the Wii get four titles, one of which, Okami, shouldn't even be considered and the DS only gets one? Advance Wars? Professor Layton? XPlay needs to mix it up a bit more, because four of the best eight games being on the Wii could never be true in a market where the PC, 360 and DS are the leading places to find quality software.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
I really don't understand all the NMH love. Same goes for Bloom Box, though I can't judge that game as I've yet to play it.

MGS4 and LBP not making the list is a crime, imo.

Boom Blox is one of those games that if you play it by yourself you'll think that it is just a very good/excellent puzzle game, but when you start playing it with your friends and family how amazing it is as a social game; every gamer from the age of 4 to 40+ can play this game and it is enjoyable across all demographics. This is (by far) the closest a third party publisher has come to the social impact of Wii Sports since the Wii was released.

Does MGS 4 not count because it was relesed on the day of the show?

Isn't this early year >.> It's June so MGS4 would probaly be counted with Summer - but MKWii was in April... oh well wierd.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

@munkeh11

the show was released on the 12th...means the shot the show a week before probably...so no MGS4 wasn't out

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

I just got NMH and I'm pleased so far. xD I still need to get Boom Blox but I'm still not sure if I'm willing to shell out $50 for it.

Onyxmeth said:
Wow! I can't believe they shafted Burnout Paradise. That is a crime. Also how does the Wii get four titles, one of which, Okami, shouldn't even be considered and the DS only gets one? Advance Wars? Professor Layton? XPlay needs to mix it up a bit more, because four of the best eight games being on the Wii could never be true in a market where the PC, 360 and DS are the leading places to find quality software.

Or maybe 360, PS3, PC, and DS, don't have the amazing libraries people think they do this year, and the Wii is coming out with more great games? no that can't be it! it's impossible! we all know Wii is only for "t3h k1ddies"

Why do people constantly mistake the word "Boom" for "Bloom".. it's just weird that it keeps happening

Mfk told me Sessler has his hands surgically sown into his pockets. Check XPlay, its true.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

ph4nt said:

Onyxmeth said:

Or maybe 360, PS3, PC, and DS, don't have the amazing libraries people think they do this year, and the Wii is coming out with more great games? no that can't be it! it's impossible! we all know Wii is only for "t3h k1ddies"d

No trust me, those consoles and handheld do have an amazing first half of 2008 library and were shafted in favor of a biased Wii lineup. If you're thinking of using that sad argument of me bashing the Wii and considering it a kiddy console, you can save it. I personally own a Wii and all four games(Brawl, Okami, NMH, Boom Blox) and still believe the list was biased.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.