By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Dominates X-Play's Must Have 8 for 2008 (so far)

X-Play on June 12 had a special show where it named its 8 "must have" games for the first half of this year.

GTA was on the list -- and was the only Xbox 360 and PS3 title.

There was the expansion pack for Galactic Civlilzation II for PC

There was God of War: Chains of Olympus for PSP.

There was The World Ends with You for the DS.

And the other half of the list was all Wii -- SSBB, Okami, Bloom Blox, and No More Heroes.  With three of the eight being third-party Wii games, it ought to end some of the conversation about quality.

Mike from Morgantown 

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Around the Network

You would hope this would end some of the "poor quality" game talk, but nay. There will always be the misconstrued perceptions of the Wii and its titles.

This is a step in the right direction though.

Currently playing: Civ 6

No MGS4?

Thats strange

mM

Well deserved. SSBB more than anything.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

They haven't reviewed MGS4 yet, so they couldn't put it on the list. It probably has to do with Sessler freaking out because of Konami not wanting people to talk about the cut scenes and installs in the game.

Around the Network

Duplicate Thread.....
http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=29470&start=0

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709

I really don't understand all the NMH love. Same goes for Bloom Box, though I can't judge that game as I've yet to play it.

MGS4 and LBP not making the list is a crime, imo.

LBP hasn't been released yet, the list is games that have been released so far this year.

SSBB and Okami are great games, still got to get okami though :/
heard a lot of great stuff about it

Sounds like they didn't just poke a rectal thermometer into the market, figure out the top 8 most hyped games and call those the must-haves.

Kudos to them.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks